Employment Type: Relief
Work Hours: Varied as needed
Hourly rate: $22.97 per hour (L2)
Location: Confidential Address – Downtown Toronto
Application Deadline: Monday, December 5, 2022
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Relief Childcare Worker is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Child Care Program in accordance with the goals of the department and the overall Association.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO – YWCA ARISE
YWCA Arise provides safe and secure emergency shelter for women and their children who are fleeing violence. The shelter is staffed 24 hours a day and supports 8 families and one single woman. In addition to shelter, families are offered case management support and enriching group and community activities to help them deal with the trauma they have experienced and begin to establish lives that are free of violence.
· Works as part of a team with program staff and volunteers to provide an integrated program;
· Works in co-operation with the Community Development Worker – Children and Youth, to organize and implement age-appropriate developmental activities for the children;
· Ensures that the health and safety guidelines are followed in accordance with the policies and procedures of YWCA Toronto;
· Advises staff of suspected child abuse immediately;
· Records a daily activity log and advises the Manager of any incidents and issues of concern in the program;
· Ensures the implementation of the program’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Childcare Manual;
· Provide parental relief and childminding during off-site appointments, as needed;
· Responsible for completing all required documentation and reports following each shift;
· Exercise precaution for the safety of the children during programming activity;
· Wears appropriate safety equipment when carrying out responsibilities.
· General knowledge of an academic discipline normally acquired through courses leading to a community college diploma in a related field (e.g. Child and Youth Worker Diploma) (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
· 1 to 3 years directly-related work experience;
· Early Childhood Education Diploma a definite asset;
· Previous experience in the Childcare Field;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· First Aid/CPR Level C required;
· Basic computer knowledge.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination series by October 30, 2021. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. The YWCA will consider written requests for accommodation under the Human Rights Code on a case by case basis and will accommodate those individuals who are legally entitled to accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Nicola Holness, Manager of YWCA Arise and December 6th Fund at email@example.com. Please quote JOB ID number ARIS794 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is not within the Bargaining Unit.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting date: November 22, 2022
CompensationHourly rate: $22.97 per hour (L2)
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Nicola Holness, Manager of YWCA Arise and December 6th Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote JOB ID number ARIS794 and your name in the subject line.
About YWCA Toronto
YWCA Toronto is an association by, for and about women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.