Employment Type: Full-Time, Contract
Work Hours: 35 hours (Flexible hours within the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday; occasional evening work required)
Salary: $24.54 per hour (L3)
Location: 66 Bergamot Avenue, Toronto, ON, M9W 1V9
Contract Period: December 1, 2023 to January 9, 2024
Application Deadline: November 24, 2023
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Registered Early Childhood Educator is responsible for the implementation of the Early Learning Program in accordance with the goals of YWCA Bergamot and YWCA Toronto.
ABOUT BERGAMOT EARLY LEARNING CENTRE
YWCA Bergamot is a 68-unit apartment building with an Early Learning Centre in North Etobicoke for single women, gender-diverse people, women-led and gender-diverse people led families in need of permanent, affordable, supportive housing. The Bergamot ELC is a Centre of excellence for early childhood development and licensed for 62 children ages 0 to 4. YWCA Bergamot demonstrates YWCA Toronto’s commitment to creating quality, affordable housing in which women, gender-diverse people and their children realize their dreams and move forward in their lives.
· Establishes and implements age-appropriate daily routines for the children in accordance with the philosophy of the Early Learning Centre;
· Works as part of a team to enhance the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of children;
· Implements a program geared to the needs of the children with concern for their interest, special needs, strengths and pace of learning;
· Works with mothers and their children to deliver a family- centered, child development program;
· Completes child development observational reports on a regular basis;
· Works within a team environment; provides support and information to team members and assists other staff when required;
· Ensures that the Health and Safety Guidelines are followed in accordance with the policies and procedures of YWCA Toronto.
· An Early Childhood Education Diploma or recognized equivalent plus 1-3 years’ experience with children ages 0 to 6 (Cases for Equivalency will be considered and must have a Registered Early Childhood Educator Certificate);
· Early Childhood Educators must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
· First Aid Certificate;
· Knowledge of early childhood development, theory and practice;
· Skills and flexibility to work with various age groupings from 0 to 6;
· Experience working within a multicultural environment;
· Second language an asset.
Vaccination Policy: – In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees, students and volunteers are strongly encouraged to obtain all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as recommended by Toronto Public Health.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click or copy and paste the link in your browser to apply:
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is not within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: November 13, 2023
Compensation$24.54 per hour
How to ApplyPlease click or copy and paste the link in your browser to apply: https://ywcatoronto.applytojob.com/apply/7kveJinzTM/Registered-Early-Childhood-Educator-Contract?source=Connect+Nonprofit
About YWCA Toronto
YWCA Toronto is an association by, for and about women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.