Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Work Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Salary: $37,917 annually, plus comprehensive benefits (Level 1)
Location: 150 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 0B1
Internal Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
External Application Deadline: Friday, October 6, 2023
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Cleaner, Property Services is responsible for general cleaning duties in conjunction with the Caretaker.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO – YWCA ELM CENTRE
YWCA Elm Centre includes 300 units of permanent housing for three different resident groups: 165 units of affordable rental units for women, 50 units for women and women-led families of Indigenous descent (including 10 women-led families fleeing violence) and 85 units for women who are experiencing significant mental health challenges or concurrent mental health/addictions disorders. The program will provide services to the entire residential community, with a dual focus on community building and individualized supports.
- Maintains floor surfaces by sweeping, damp mopping, vacuuming carpet, steam cleaning of carpet, stripping and polishing floors;
- Sweeps and washes floors and stairs in stairwells, hallways, mechanical rooms and storage rooms;
- Cleans and disinfects communal washrooms daily;
- Cleans the elevator and laundry room daily;
- Assists with garbage and recycling removal;
- Ensures tasks are performed in compliance with WHMIS and other legislated requirements including the Health and Safety Act;
- Assists in other YWCA buildings when required.
- A generalized education at the high school level;
- 1-3 years directly related experience (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
- Ability to use equipment relevant to the position;
- Knowledge of cleaning products and their use;
- Ability to lift 25 kilograms;
- Experience operating equipment such as buffer, steam cleaner, wet and dry vacuums, floor stripper, and other equipment such as garbage machinery;
- Ability to work independently;
- Completion of WHMIS training;
- Ability to interact in a respectful and professional manner with a diverse community of women and young women within shelter and housing environments;
- Experience working in a residential setting an asset;
- May be required to work in different YWCA locations.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees, students and volunteers are strongly encouraged to obtain all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as recommended by Toronto Public Health.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Jack Mangal, Facility Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote JOB ID number PROP958 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter your email subject line, if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: September 25, 2023
Compensation$37,917 annually, plus comprehensive benefits (Level 1)
How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and résumé to Jack Mangal, Facility Manager at email@example.com. Please quote JOB ID number PROP958 and your name in the subject line.
About YWCA Toronto
YWCA Toronto is an association by, for and about women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.