Summary of Role
YPI Canada is seeking a Program Coordinator with fluency in French and English to join our team in Toronto (Dovercourt Village, near Ossington subway station). This new position will provide direct support to teachers and students at schools participating in YPI across Canada, assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new schools, and to contribute to strong student and community outcomes. This position will receive direction and support from YPI’s National Program Director. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of both the education and nonprofit sectors in Canada, and a passion for youth-driven educational programming. It is important for this position to be fluent in French to support YPI’s growth in Francophone schools and communities.
Duties and Responsibilities (approximate % of total time; this will fluctuate throughout the year)
Program Support for Schools (40%)
- Support teachers and administrators at schools participating to YPI through email, meetings over the phone, and in-person
- Facilitate workshops with students at schools participating in YPI
- Support YPI final presentation ceremonies by helping teachers with event coordination in advance and day-of, acting as MC when required, ensuring judging procedures run effectively and ethically; support coordination of special guest attendance (i.e. YPI Board members, community guests, etc.)
- Travel: YPI is currently active over 125 schools in seven Canadian provinces. This role will involve travel within the GTA on (approximately) a weekly basis and further travel within and outside of Ontario several times a year (most frequently Quebec, but other provinces as well) for this function of the role.
- Maintain updated records on all schools, and support administrative reporting processes
- Coordinate administrative processes and program team workflow through Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce, WordPress, and other tools
New School Recruitment (25%)
- Assist with the expansion of YPI to new schools by building relationships with teachers and administrators through engagement over the phone, email, and in-person
- Identify and participate in promotional and networking opportunities at conferences and other events for program expansion
- Support the development of promotional materials
Program Evaluation (15%)
- Support the evolution and annual implementation of YPI’s evaluation plan
- Support the facilitation of post-YPI surveys for students, teachers, and charities
- Support interviews and focus groups with students, teachers, administrators, and charity professionals
- Support reporting processes on evaluation results for all stakeholders
Stakeholder Relationships (10%)
- Represent YPI and build positive relationships with charities in the communities YPI serves to support them in participating in YPI by email, phone, and in-person engagement
- Act as a connector between participating schools and charities in their communities, supporting schools to build relationships with the charities students reach out to through YPI
- Meet with funders and other stakeholders while travelling
- Assist with occasional special projects
- Support with social media channels and blogging
- Carry out general office tasks, and other duties as required
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience working with youth and/or with educators in a school setting or in the non-profit sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills in French and English and the ability to build strong relationships with people
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- University or College Degree in a relevant field (i.e. Education, Social Studies, Equity Studies, Community/Social Services, Child and Youth Worker, Non-profit Management, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Skilled in advanced functions in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission of YPI
- Confidence to be an engaging public speaker in front of large groups of students, teachers, and senior administrators in French and English
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to prioritize, and seek clarification as needed
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to travel to schools across Canada
- Previous experience working in Francophone schools/organizations a strong asset
- Experience facilitating workshops a strong asset
- G-class driver’s license an asset, access to a vehicle not required
- Previous experience in social science research/program evaluation an asset
YPI is an equal opportunity employer, and our office is an inclusive, respectful, and LGBTQ+-friendly environment.
CompensationSalary Range: $45,000 - $48,000 per year We offer health and dental benefits, three weeks' vacation to all staff plus closure for winter holidays.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in working with YPI by email to Kate Gatto, National Program Director: email@example.com. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis as applications are received.
About Youth and Philanthropy Initiative Canada
The Youth and Philanthropy Initiative (YPI) is an international, multi-award-winning classroom-based program that engages secondary school students in understanding and standing up for social issues and charities in their communities. Over 300 secondary schools participate in YPI globally, in Canada, NYC, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. Each year, at every participating school, students with the most compelling culminating presentation about a local charity receive a $5,000 grant for their charity, funded by YPI’s generous supporters in each country. YPI Canada’s vision is that young people are included, empowered, and engaged in creating more compassionate and connected communities where they live, and a more philanthropic future for us all.