Program Overview – Employment Services, Central Services
Employment Services offers a variety programs to support community members to improve their soft and technical skills and supports individuals to secure long-term employment in specific sectors. The Employment Services team provides support to those who are unemployed or under-employed with specific skills training and employment supports for attachment with employers in various sectors.
What You Will Do
· Work with all assigned job seekers to:
a) Assist them in matching their skills and interests with viable and sustainable employment opportunities.
b) Implement their career goals and provide coaching and follow-up support to them.
· Assist job seekers in preparing for successful application, interviewing, and performance of specific job opportunities by coaching, providing constructive feedback, and guiding clients to meet the employer’s expectations.
· Assist job seekers with information on career planning, apprenticeships/training, internships, credential assessment, and WoodGreen employment programs and other community services which support employability.
· Manage a caseload of assigned job seekers with the responsibility of obtaining an appropriate job opportunity in line with performance targets.
· Collect and update relevant information related to employment labour market changes and training.
· Refer job seekers to other programs within the organization and or other community resources as appropriate.
· Outreach to, and liaise with, employers in assigned sectors to secure meaningful employment, internships, job placements, job trials, job shadowing, and mentorship opportunities.
· Negotiate training plans and contract agreements with employers and plan, monitor, and manage placement incentive budget allocations, in consultation with Management.
· Negotiate financial support to employers, when required, to assist in the removal of participation barriers and to ensure their interests are met.
· Conduct workplace site visits, bi-weekly follow-up support, and identify and resolves workplace issues that may affect job seekers’ success in the workplace.
· Case counsel with other staff in the client’s support team and collaborate to proactively support the client’s wellbeing and obtain successful outcomes.
· Maintain client files and documentation as well as all aspects of client confidentiality.
· Ensure that all payment requisitions are processed in a timely manner and responsible for submitting completed job trial applications, timesheets, and terminations.
· Participate as part of the team in developing and implementing unit goals and objectives.
· Ensure the anti-racism objectives and community development principles of the organization are achieved within the program.
What You Bring to the Team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, or related major.
· College Diploma, specializing in Career Studies, considered as asset.
· Two (2) years of work experience in the area of building relationships with Clients, Employers in Recruitment, Job Development, and Placement, or as Relationship or Account Manager.
· Two (2) years of work experience in employment programs, social work, and/or community development.
What Will Set You Apart
· Excellent time management, project management, report writing, and data collection skills.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
· Success working with multi-barriered clients in a social services or recruitment setting.
· Track record of independently managing a caseload and meeting or exceeding target expectations.
· Strong online presence and use of LinkedIn.
· Strong existing network of employer relationships.
· Extensive knowledge of pre-employment supports, re-training opportunities, and labour market information and resources.
· Knowledge of apprenticeship, upgrading, post-secondary, and transitional employment programs.
How to Applyhttps://woodgreencommunityservices.applytojob.com/apply/z1aXmdm9va/Recruitment-Advisor-2021435CP?source=Ontario+Nonprofit+Network
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 83rd year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.