Program Overview – Active Living Centres, Community Care
This program focuses on the social, recreational, and educational needs of active older adults (55 years of age and older) in the community.
What You Will Do
· Develops and implements a creative and innovative program plan to achieve the operational goals and targets of the Active Living Program.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates programs which promote wellness through social, recreational, and educational activities.
· Identifies emerging recreational needs and develops new programs to respond to those needs.
· Coordinates intergenerational programming for youth and seniors.
· Provides coordination and facilitation of activities.
· Develops leadership skills of seniors.
· Develops new programs to meet community needs.
· Responds to community needs and ensures existing and new program developments meet these needs.
· Researches, organizes, and administers day outings for seniors, with the objective of enhancing their quality of life.
· Focuses on education which promotes the wellness of seniors.
· Coordinates with the staff in the Transportation program to ensure accessibility for those members who need the service.
· Identifies and works with Volunteer Services to recruit necessary volunteer resources.
· Provides training and supervision to volunteers and students.
· Works as a team to facilitate communication, program enhancement, and share information related to the program and the agency with various community groups.
· Maintains and develops contacts with appropriate seniors’ group and community agencies.
· Completes and maintains all records, forms, and receipts regarding membership and program/activity enrollment, using a client database.
· Responsible for the collection and submission of statistical information.
· Responsible for ensuring program expenditures are consistent with budgetary allocations and in accordance with WoodGreen and funder restrictions.
What You Bring to the Team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Gerontology or related major.
· Diploma in Activation from a recognized College an asset.
· Two (2) to three (3) years of related experience, including significant direct experience in working with older adults within an Active Living Centre setting.
What Will Set You Apart
· Good understanding and knowledge of seniors’ issues related to social recreational and educational needs.
· Good understanding of social and wellness issues related to aging.
· Demonstrated experience and skills in community development within housing buildings.
· Knowledge and demonstrated skills in program development and management.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of community resources for older adults.
· Second language is considered an asset.
How to Applyhttps://woodgreencommunityservices.applytojob.com/apply/R4I6ptvmIq/Coordinator-Active-Living-Centre-2021348CC?source=Ontario+Nonprofit+Network
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 83rd year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.