Program Overview – Adult Day Program, Community Care
The Community Care Unit provides a holistic approach to care at home for seniors and caregivers who are vulnerable, at risk and/or marginalized. The unit provides a wide range of programs such as Assisted Living Services, Social Work, Meals-on-Wheels, Adult Day programs, and transportation, which enable seniors to be as independent as possible in their homes. The unit also provides a variety of socio-recreational/wellness programs, which enhance quality of life and promote the health of older adults.
What You Will Do
· Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates programs and activities that encourage, maintain, and promote dignity and self-worth in clients.
· Leads groups through a schedule of activities and maintains daily operations of the program.
· Monitors program to ensure that activities are being delivered according to the program goals and makes adjustments according to needs, abilities, and interests of the clients.
· Co-designs and facilitates individualized program plans with clients and caregivers.
· Ensures quality service standards are met in accordance with operational guidelines.
· Motivates and encourages clients to participate in individual and group programs that address their physical and psycho-social needs as well as Activity of Daily Living Skills.
· Provides support, information and education to clients and their primary caregivers.
· Recognizes and manages responsive behaviours and reports escalations to Supervisor working with various professional and resource persons to de-escalate issues.
· Contributes to the community outreach activities of the program.
· Monitors and attends to clients’ personal, safety, and hygiene needs.
· Conducts billing, data entry, documentation, statistics, meal orders and transportation arrangement for clients.
· Escorts and/or transport clients to and from the program and take steps to ensure pathways are clear from snow, etc.
What You Bring to the Team
· Two-year college diploma in activation or gerontology.
· Two (2) years of demonstrated experience designing and leading activities for frail and/or cognitively impaired adults.
What Will Set You Apart
· Fluent in verbal and written English.
· Excellent communication skills in working with seniors.
· Good knowledge and skills in leading group activities and providing personal care services.
· Good knowledge and skills in behavioural management techniques.
· Comfortable working with staff and clients from diverse background.
· Strong computer skills in Window environment.
· Second language(s) to serve the client group(s) considered a strong asset.
· Training in CPR and First Aid is an asset.
How to ApplyPlease email your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #2019-103-CC in the subject line, to MOneill@woodgreen.org.
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 82nd year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.