Program Overview – Community Connections, Community Programs
The Community Connections program builds relations between recent immigrants and established volunteers from East Toronto neighbourhoods (and beyond), public institutions, and private sector businesses, with the goal of assisting newcomers to settle and integrate into Canada while building a welcoming, inclusive, and diverse community.
What You Will Do
· Responsible for implementing all activities and meeting all qualitative and quantitative outcomes as per the annual work-plan developed together with Management.
· Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of the volunteer component of WoodGreen’s Community Connections program, including volunteer recruitment, retention, and evaluation.
· Recruit volunteers virtually (and in person when and where able) to be matched with Internationally Trained Professionals from diverse professions including but not limited to Accounting/Finance, Office Administration, Project Management, Marketing, etc.
· Utilize marketing platforms, social media, and volunteer recruitment sites to create interest for new professional volunteers to join the Community Connections program.
· Provide orientation and develop and deliver initial training to those accepted as Community Connections program volunteers.
· Work closely with Mentorship Coordinator and Group Activities Coordinator to strategize, develop and meet volunteer needs for mentorship and group activities.
· Plan and implement outreach strategies to the business community, professional associations, and local communities (including immigrant communities), to create mentoring and networking opportunities for Internationally trained professionals.
· Provide information to potential volunteers, matching their individual skills, knowledge, and experience to appropriate roles within the Community Connections program.
· Refer potential volunteers who are not appropriate for the Community Connections program to other options provided through WoodGreen Volunteer Services.
· Ensure that all current and potential volunteers maintain regular contact with the Community Connections team; take the lead in following up where communication is necessary.
· Facilitate on-going learning opportunities and provide information to volunteers in response to needs that may be identified by volunteers, program participants, or program staff.
· Provide problem solving and conflict resolution strategies to both program and volunteers.
· Maintain administration, data, statistics, and reports to record progress toward program goals.
· Participate as part of the team in developing and implementing unit goals and objectives.
· Assist in developing plans and tools to measure outcomes and evaluate program effectiveness.
· Works with partner organizations to enhance service capacity and client benefits.
What You Bring to the Team
· Related Bachelor’s degree required; diploma in Volunteer Management a very strong asset.
· Two (2) years of direct experience working with and recruiting professional volunteers.
· Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with the newcomer population and Internationally trained professionals.
What Will Set You Apart
· Previous experience in the non-profit social services sector preferred.
· Solid knowledge of and commitment to the principles of volunteering.
· Skills in needs assessment, intake, planning, evaluation, and anticipating problems and issues.
· Strong knowledge of outreach and virtual marketing strategies to attract and retain volunteers.
· Skilled in recruiting and retaining large numbers of volunteers and matching their abilities and interests to Internationally trained professionals and newcomers.
· Capable coordinating and planning large scale events and activities (in person and virtually) and collaborating with private sector employers.
· Confidence and initiative to resolve issues, complaints, and conflicts.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Patience, compassion, and sensitivity to deal with different cultures and levels of ability.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
· Strong computer literacy, including database entry and management.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to constant change.
· Ability to communicate effectively in one or more of the languages used within immigrant communities in East Toronto an asset.
How to Applyhttps://woodgreencommunityservices.applytojob.com/apply/PygUsv6KLU/Volunteer-Coordinator-Community-Connections-2020257CP?source=Ontario+Nonprofit+Network
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 82nd year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.