Program Overview – Assisted Living Services, Community Care
Community Care for Seniors provides a holistic approach to care at home for seniors and caregivers who are vulnerable, at risk and/or marginalized. The unit provides a wide range of programs such as Assisted Living Services, Social Work, Meals-on-Wheels, Adult Day programs and transportation, which enable seniors to be as independent as possible in their homes. The unit also provides a variety of socio-recreational/wellness programs which enhance quality of life and promote the health of older adults.
What You Will Do
· Conducts human resource activities to ensure sufficient staffing levels, including scheduling, identifying recruitment needs, screening, interviewing, hiring, orienting, supervising, evaluating, payroll, and addressing work performance issues.
· Provides care coordination for clients, including: Conducting InterRAI Community Health Assessments (CHA), collaborating with clients and caregivers to prepare services plans and associated service agreements, facilitating the development of Coordinated Care Plans with high risk clients in collaboration with clients, caregivers and internal and external partners, monitoring and evaluating client outcomes, coordinating and following up on referrals, documenting all activities as per unit/program policies, enrolling high risk clients in the Community Agency Notification Program and identifying the need for and participating in or facilitating case conference and clinical meetings.
· Mediates conflicts or issues involving clients, PSWs, and other service providers in consultation with the team and Manager as required.
· Participates in operational, quality improvement and risk management planning and monitoring processes.
· Performs accounts payable functions such as preparing billing and following up on issues related to overdue accounts and ensures that program expenses are in line with allocated budgets.
What You Bring to the Team
· Bachelor of Social Work, Nursing, Gerontology, or equivalent.
· Minimum of two (2) years related experience in geriatric services, social work, or mental health.
What Will Set You Apart
· Demonstrated experience working with high risk seniors.
· Experience with staff in a unionized environment.
· Experience assessing, coordinating and evaluating service delivery for high/moderate risk seniors.
· Strong assessment, clinical, and intervention skills.
· Demonstrated skills in in care coordination.
· Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and documentation skills.
· Self-directed and independent, but also proven experience in working effectively as a team member in collaboration with other professionals.
· Strong time management and organization skills.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and flexibility.
· Ability to work from a client-centered approach.
· Knowledge of issues affecting older adults and geriatric populations.
· Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the health sector and related services.
· Excellent knowledge of community resources.
· Demonstrated computer skills (MS word, excel, Internet).
· Ability to use client information software (CIMS) is an asset.
· Ability to communicate in a second language is an asset.
· Familiar with the community sector, Assisted Living Framework and legislation e.g., Residential Tenancies Act.
CompensationCompetitive salary/excellent benefits for full-time, contract (1 year+), and PSW employees Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement within the organization Formal staff recognition and appreciation programs Access to group discount programs and purchases
How to ApplyPlease email your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #2019-43-CC in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 81st year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.