Program Overview – Building Services, Housing & Homelessness Services
Building Services is responsible for preventative and emergency maintenance at WoodGreen owned, leased and managed properties, including janitorial, grounds keeping and security. The program is responsible for preparing residential suites for new occupants; supervising and carrying out upgrades to offices and properties; providing physical support to WoodGreen programs and services as well as ensuring all applicable codes, standards and policies are met and adhered to.
What You Will Do
· Carries out minor repairs to the building’s mechanical and electrical equipment, physical structure, and furnishing as assigned.
· Assists with making apartments ready for occupancy following WoodGreen procedures.
· Makes regular inspections of the grounds, building, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and major equipment and reports all repairs needed to Management.
· Ensures that the buildings security system and fire equipment are working and that the building is secure.
· Repairs or replaces equipment as necessary with Management’s approval.
· Assists in maintaining an inventory of tools, equipment and supplies.
· Responsible for set-up and moving of equipment and furnishings for use in WoodGreen programs.
· Ensures the building is operating in a safe and clean manner.
· Ensures that equipment, tools, materials, and workspaces are maintained in a clean, safe, and functional manner.
· Ensures that buildings are being maintained in an appropriate manner and that the WoodGreen policies are being adhered to.
· Clears the grounds of refuse, ice, and snow.
What You Bring to the Team
· High School diploma.
· One to two (1-2) years of related experience as a tradesperson.
· Skilled in basic maintenance trades, such as plumbing, painting, dry wall, carpentry.
· Familiarity in using electronic devices (cellphone, laptop, PC) and basic MS Office software (Word & Excel) required.
What Will Set You Apart
· Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
· Able to work with little direct supervision.
· Able to work within a team.
· Capable of using power tools.
· Capable of using medium to heavy equipment, such as floor renovators.
· Basic problem solving skills.
· Able to lift, push, and pull heavy objects.
· Experience with mental health/addictions/homeless population considered a strong asset.
How to Applyhttps://woodgreencommunityservices.applytojob.com/apply/3mktnPtzhP/Maintenance-Worker-2021419HHS?source=Ontario+Nonprofit+Network
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 83rd year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.