Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre
Activities Leader – Pre-Teen Program (Tween/City School Lunch Program)
Activities Leader – Pre-Teen Program (Tween After School Program)
To promote, plan, implement and maintain a supportive and creative environment for Waterfront School Students and City Alternative School students during lunch period.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To assist in the promotion, planning and implementation of an arts based program for youth based upon program requirements and designated time period.
2. To assist in planning activities for the program on a weekly basis that are best suited to individual and group needs of the youth while balancing social emotional, physical and cognitive activities.
3. To provide a supportive, creative, and safe environment for youth that will create opportunities for positive growth and development.
4. To maintain daily records, attendance, permission forms, etc.
5. To provide supervision of the youth in all activities in the location and on field trips, being aware of safety and supervision issues at all times.
6. To communicate with parents of the youth enrolled in the program in order to update them on activities and future plans.
7. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds and/or related Education.
Proven ability to promote, plan, implement and maintain age appropriate programming and behavior best suited to individual and group needs.
Experience in working with, students, volunteers and encouraging parental input.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· First Aid and CPR Certification required
· Vulnerable Sector Screening required
Salary Scale: $15.16/hr + 4% vacation
Hours: 15hrs/ per week – 11:15am – 2:15pm & 3:00pm-6:00pm (includes programming and set-up)
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for application: September 24th, 2018.
Please send resume to:
Activities Leader – Pre-Teen Program Hiring Committee
627 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3G3
Fax: 416 392-1512 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for the interview will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.