Why Work for Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS)
You will be part of a thriving organization that truly makes a direct, positive impact on the lives of children and youth across Toronto.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Planning, Communications and Donor Relations, the Communications Manager will support our dynamic team by writing and delivering impactful internal and external communications aligned with TFSS’ brand and strategy. If you are a born communicator and strategic thinker, with strong written and oral communication, digital media and design skills, this may be the job for you. As Communications Manager you will:
- Work cross departmentally to support the communications needs of TFSS
- Provide engaging and timely social media activity that not only maintains our brand and strategic priorities, but also contributes to online engagement
- Provide leadership, in collaboration with staff, of the daily operation/evolution of the TFSS website
- Monitor issues and key stakeholder postings to inform colleagues of risks and opportunities
- Write, edit and design marketing collateral as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong communications skills with the ability to understand and communicate ideas persuasively and efficiently through digital, social, and print media
- Proven experience running end to end communication campaigns with a variety of assets built
- Ability to develop engaging and innovative messages with a strong understanding of how best to deliver tactics across different channels, quickly
- Keen attention to detail, and editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design and print specifications
- Understanding of communications measurement tools, tactics, and benchmarks
- Working knowledge of web design
- Proven experience with search engine optimization
- Demonstrated experience in applicable computer programs, including InDesign, Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Education and Work Requirements
- University degree and/or College diploma in English/Communications with a minimum of five years direct experience working in a communications environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle.
TFSS is committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits plan. We also currently offer the option of a hybrid working environment (office/home) and summer hours during July and August.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check.
Compensation$85,595 / year + benefits + 3 weeks' vacation
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Cheryl Evelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you want to join our team and how you will help us make a brighter future for children and youth across our city. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TFSS is committed to a policy of access and equity in its hiring practices. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.tfss.ca.
About Toronto Foundation for Student Success
Our mission is to remove barriers for children so that every child is nourished and able to learn. By providing food, medical care, emergency funds and after-school programs for children in need, we help them succeed in school.
Founded in 1998, the Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS) is an independent, registered charitable organization dedicated to supporting Toronto District School Board (TDSB) children and helping remove barriers to their education.
We believe that if we improve the health and well-being of our children they will do better in school, and if they do better in school then they will have a better future: last year, with support from many wonderful partners, we invested more than 22 million dollars in that future. Learn more about the programs we provide