Why Work for Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS)
You will be part of a thriving organization that truly makes a direct, positive impact on the lives of children and youth across Toronto.
We currently offer the option of a hybrid working environment (office/home) as well as summer hours in July and August.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our dynamic and passionate team. If you have excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and enjoy taking the initiative, this position is a great fit for you.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Operations, you will play a key role, as you help coordinate and implement the human resources functions within the organization. This will be achieved through developing and managing a variety of programs and policies.
- Develop HR strategy and sets goals related to the objectives and works with the Senior Director to execute the strategy
- Support the current and future needs of the organization through development, engagement and motivation of employees
- Establish and maintain a recruitment, orientation and onboarding strategy
- Manage leaves of absence, accommodations and WSIB claims
- Ensure consistency in application of policies and procedures across the organization
- Ensure the organization is legally compliant by monitoring and implementing applicable human resources legislative requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records/updates
- Design and facilitate a comprehensive training and development program
- Cultivate a positive, productive work environment
- Maintain and update the Employee Manual
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process from job posting development to providing offers of employment
- Perform other projects and tasks as assigned by the Senior Director or CEO
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic objectives
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
- Ability to make sound business decisions and evidence-based recommendations
- Ability to build and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Superior analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to present HR updates and information effectively to senior leaders
- Prior experience with an HRMS, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Graduate of a University or College Program in Human Resources Management
- Completion of CHRL/CHRE designation
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization an asset
Compensation$85,000 / year + benefits + 3 weeks' vacation
How to ApplyTFSS is committed to a policy of access and equity in its hiring practices. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone or email inquiries, please. Send a cover letter and resume to the email provided.
About Toronto Foundation for Student Success
Our mission is to remove barriers for children so that every child is nourished and able to learn. By providing food, medical care, emergency funds and after-school programs for children in need, we help them succeed in school.
Founded in 1998, the Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS) is an independent, registered charitable organization dedicated to supporting Toronto District School Board (TDSB) children and helping remove barriers to their education.
We believe that if we improve the health and well-being of our children they will do better in school, and if they do better in school then they will have a better future: last year, with support from many wonderful partners, we invested more than 22 million dollars in that future. Learn more about the programs we provide