Organization: Toronto Foundation for Student Success
Position: Development Officer
Location: 2 Trethewey Drive/Hybrid
Experience: 2 years
Reports to: Development Manager
Salary/Compensation: $68,000 + benefits + 3 weeks’ vacation
Why Work for Toronto Foundation for Student Success
You will be part of a thriving organization that truly makes a direct, positive impact on the lives of children and youth across Toronto.
We are looking for a Development Officer to join our dynamic, passionate team of professional fundraisers. If you have excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and enjoy taking the initiative, this position is a great fit for you. Reporting to the Development Manager, you will support and help implement annual fundraising and donor development activities. This role is diverse, interesting, and includes prospect research, proposal writing and event support.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to provide written/oral impactful presentations to donors and partners.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, produce quality work and meet deadlines.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Demonstrated experience in applicable computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and donor databases).
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge NXT is a strong asset
Education and Work Requirements
- University degree or College diploma in English/Communications with a minimum of two years direct experience working in a fundraising/development environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle are assets.
TFSS is committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits plan. We also currently offer the option of a hybrid working environment (office/home) and summer hours during July and August.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check.
Compensation$68,000/year + benefits + 3 weeks’ vacation
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Cheryl Evelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, tell us why you want to join our team and how your skills and abilities will help us make a brighter future for children and youth across our city. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TFSS is committed to a policy of access and equity in its hiring practices. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.tfss.ca.
About Toronto Foundation for Student Success
Our mission is to remove barriers for children so that every child is nourished and able to learn. By providing food, medical care, emergency funds and after-school programs for children in need, we help them succeed in school.
Founded in 1998, the Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS) is an independent, registered charitable organization dedicated to supporting Toronto District School Board (TDSB) children and helping remove barriers to their education.
We believe that if we improve the health and well-being of our children they will do better in school, and if they do better in school then they will have a better future: last year, with support from many wonderful partners, we invested more than 22 million dollars in that future. Learn more about the programs we provide