Organization: Toronto Foundation for Student Success
Position: Development Manager
Location: 2 Trethewey Drive, Toronto
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Reports to: Development Director
Salary/Compensation: $85,000 + benefits + 3 weeks’ vacation
Why Work for Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS)
You will be part of a thriving organization that truly makes a direct, positive impact on the lives of children and youth across Toronto.
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our dynamic, passionate team of professional fundraisers. If you have excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and enjoy taking the initiative, this position is a great fit for you. Reporting to the Director of Development, you will play a key role, as you help coordinate and implement annual fundraising and donor development activities that support revenue goals and the long-term growth of TFSS.
- Effectively managing a portfolio of mid-level and major gift donors.
- Cultivating new donors and partners and developing fundraising opportunities.
- Delivering both oral and written presentations to donors, prospects, and partners.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to prepare and make effective and impactful presentations and proposals.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in applicable computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and donor databases.
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge NXT is a strong asset.
Education and Requirements
- University degree or College diploma in English/Communications with a minimum of five years direct experience working in a fundraising/development environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle.
TFSS is committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits plan. We also currently offer the option of a hybrid working environment (office/home) as well as summer hours in July and August.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check.
Compensation$85,000 + benefits + 3 weeks' vacation
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Cheryl Evelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, tell us why you want to join our team and how your skills and abilities will help us make a brighter future for children and youth across our city. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TFSS is committed to a policy of access and equity in its hiring practices. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.tfss.ca.
About Toronto Foundation for Student Success
Our mission is to remove barriers for children so that every child is nourished and able to learn. By providing food, medical care, emergency funds and after-school programs for children in need, we help them succeed in school.
Founded in 1998, the Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS) is an independent, registered charitable organization dedicated to supporting Toronto District School Board (TDSB) children and helping remove barriers to their education.
We believe that if we improve the health and well-being of our children they will do better in school, and if they do better in school then they will have a better future: last year, with support from many wonderful partners, we invested more than 22 million dollars in that future. Learn more about the programs we provide