The Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS) is a registered charity. We advocate for students, identifying and initiating programs to help them deal with the impacts of hunger and poverty issues. Our programs have expanded over the years as the need has escalated.
We are looking for a personable, motivated, and organized, Community Development Coordinator (CDC) to join our student nutrition program team. If you are a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and helping to make a difference in the lives of children and youth, this could be the job for you.
The CDC will act as a central resource for principals, volunteers, and site coordinators to support all aspects of local community breakfast, lunch and snack programs in an assigned area. The CDC will help build local community capacity to run high quality programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training and supporting local volunteers and school staff in all aspects of operating a Student Nutrition Program in their local school
- Maintaining regular communication with assigned programs
- Regular program visits and contact to build capacity and to proactively problem solve
- Assisting SNP Volunteer Coordinators in planning affordable menu options that meet nutrition requirements and help local programs purchase food effectively
- Training and providing support in the completion of monthly financial reports
- Monthly Review of financial reports submitted by local programs
- Budget training and support for SNP Volunteer Coordinators and school contacts
- Supporting SNP Volunteer Coordinators in effective food purchasing.
Individual must demonstrate the following:
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting community-based programs, and ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
Knowledge of student nutrition programs and school communities is an asset.
CompensationHours of Work, Compensation and Benefits
- 35 hours per week
- Salary – $50,000 for a 10-month contract (August 29, 2022 to June 30, 2023)
- Hours of work are flexible and may involve some early mornings and evening
- A health benefits package is available
How to ApplyTFSS is committed to a policy of access and equity in its hiring practices. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please. Send a cover letter and resume to Susan Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of your email, please write: Senior Accountant Application - connectjobs.ca
About Toronto Foundation for Student Success
Our mission is to remove barriers for children so that every child is nourished and able to learn. By providing food, medical care, emergency funds and after-school programs for children in need, we help them succeed in school.
Founded in 1998, the Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS) is an independent, registered charitable organization dedicated to supporting Toronto District School Board (TDSB) children and helping remove barriers to their education.
We believe that if we improve the health and well-being of our children they will do better in school, and if they do better in school then they will have a better future: last year, with support from many wonderful partners, we invested more than 22 million dollars in that future. Learn more about the programs we provide