Job Title: Controller
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Finance & Administration
Reporting to: CFO
Direct Reports: Senior Financial Analyst, Senior Accounting Coordinator, & Accounting Coordinator
Indirect Staff: People and Culture Coordinator
Application Deadline : 2020-01-30
Post from 2020-01-02 TO 2020-01-30 At 5 PM
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
Location: Head Office
Reporting to the CFO, this position is accountable for planning, organizing, supporting and evaluating the day-to-day financial operations of the Finance department as it implements and monitors financial practices. Within the context of the strategic plan, this position requires the candidate to be experienced in both financial management and processing support activities for six legal entities managed by Artscape finance department.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal and external stakeholders including lenders
· Work in collaboration with CFO to finalize annual budget cycles for various entities
· Assists day-to day cash flow planning to meet Artscape needs.
· Provides financial analysis for planning and decision-making for senior management
· Develops, implements and documents policies and procedures for financial reporting, management and control.
· Oversee semi-monthly payroll submissions and cost allocations
· Oversee the accounts payable/accounts receivable activities and escalate any issues and concerns to the management
· Participate in organization wide system implementation projects
· Provides motivation, coaching, training, performance management, and development opportunities to the finance team.
· Promotes an environment that encourages initiative and continuous improvement
· Works in collaboration with Artscape directors and staff to determine opportunities for efficiency and system enhancements.
· Provides support to other functional areas in the Finance Department.
· Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act in the applicable province of employment and its regulations, and complies with the Health & Safety Policy.
· Oversee grant reporting and external submissions
· Work in collaboration with Executive Director to complete the annual T3010 charity return
· Oversee monthly and annual filings for T4’s,T4A’s,WSIB,EHT and other statutory compliance requirements
· Lead annual audits for six legal entities and respond to audit questions
· Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA designation
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a leadership role, supporting users in a Charity/ Not-for profit environment.
- Knowledge of provincial labour laws
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take leadership of assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple shifting priorities with an attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving, sound judgment and decision making skills.
CompensationFull-Time salary, EFAP program, and Health and Dental benefits after a 3 month waiting period.
How to ApplyTO APPLY Please respond with: · Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity · Your salary expectations · A resume · A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to: Attention: Human Resources Artscape 130 Queens Quay East Suite 423, 4th Floor East Tower Toronto, ON M5A 0P6 firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line) No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly. Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape. ABOUT ARTSCAPE Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca
About Toronto Artscape Inc
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities.
Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions.
Since its beginning in 1986, Artscape has become recognized as an international leader in creative placemaking, a practice that leverages the power of art, culture and creativity to catalyze change, growth and transformation in communities. Artscape achieves its mission through developing and managing unique cultural facilities—including community cultural hubs, multi-purpose creative spaces and artist live/work projects—and delivering programs and services that promote creativity and cultural space development.
Our success is driven by our ability to work effectively across disciplines to align values, leadership, investment and public policy. We work constantly to expand our portfolio, share our expertise and advance the field, offering training, mentoring and coaching, and learning opportunities through our Creative Placemaking Lab and tools and resources on the Artscape D.I.Y. website.
For more information about Artscape, please visit artscape.ca.