Program Lead – 1yr. Maternity Leave
The Program Lead will work to provide a high quality childcare program under the direction of the Supervisor. They will assist with any necessary paperwork as well as support other team members in their daily role as needed. Hours per week may vary, however a typical work week is 35 (thirty-five) hours per week.
Carleton Village Childcare Centre – 315 Olser St.
- Ensures the health, welfare and safety of the children remains the first priority of the centre
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities
- Ensures the LEF’s philosophy of children’s behaviour guidance is implemented
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed and all paperwork completed
- Maintains on-going positive communication with parents
- Actively participates and contributes to the day to day operations of the centre
- Participates in ongoing health and safety training
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent skills demonstrated through years of experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with children from infancy to 12 years
- Comprehensive knowledge of Early Learning Framework (ELF)
- Knowledge and application experience of: How Does Learning Happen?
- Thorough knowledge of Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI)
- Proven ability to implement an emergent curriculum
- Experience working with parents in collaborative relationships
- Experience working with children with special needs
- Ability to interpret and implement LEF policies and procedures
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with children, parents and fellow educators
- Ability to use tact, discretion and good judgement
- Well developed problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and judgement when handling unpredictable situations
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively
- Ability and experience with guiding, mentoring and coaching others
- Ability to relate to a variety of socio-economic and cultural groups
- A valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle is an asset
- Works independently as well as have the ability to contribute and be an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current in Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C), up to date record of immunizations and Tuberculin Screening, and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check and proof of COVID vaccination
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also follow all guidelines for infectious disease control outlined by all governing bodies. If you require accommodations to participate in recruiting process, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation$18.00 to 25.00 per hour based on experience.
How to ApplyYour Application: Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to recruiting @lefca.org Posting Date: September 3, 2021 Closing Date: September 17th, 2021– by end of the business day Please note: We thank all applicants for applying; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted
About The Learning Enrichment Foundation
The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) is a not-for-profit (with a social enterprise mindset) that provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports for members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances. We currently knit together Settlement Services, Child Care, Employment Supports, Skills Training, and Language Training.
Those who have joined LEF have found that there is value in the little things as they can have the most impact. For over 40 years, it is through supporting and empowering individuals and families, (indeed the community as a whole) that we achieve our goals.
LEF is a continuously growing organization and as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Within LEF, we value ongoing learning for our teams. All members are provided professional learning opportunities to build and foster skills, promoting leadership skills in each individual. For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org.