Consulting Director – Evaluating Impact
Tamarack Learning Centre
Tamarack Institute’s Learning Centre is seeking an experienced community leader, in the role of Consulting Director, to advance the Evaluating Impact practice area.
Role of the Consulting Director – Evaluating Impact Practice Area:
There are currently five interconnected practice areas which are integral to advancing community change. Tamarack will be focusing on each of these idea areas and bringing new knowledge, skills and capacities to support the Tamarack community network and practitioners to evolve their change strategies. The five interconnected practice areas that the Tamarack Learning Centre is advancing are:
- Collaborative Leadership
- Collective Impact
- Community Engagement
- Community Innovation
- Evaluating Impact
The role of the Consulting Director is to lead and advance an idea area and to partner with the Tamarack Learning Centre team to ensure that all idea areas are advanced to the benefit of our network and community change practitioners.
While advancing an idea area will be the core focus of the Consulting Director’s activities, the Tamarack Learning Centre is built and maintained on a fee for service or revenue generation model. Consulting Directors will be responsible for achieving overall Tamarack Learning Centre financial goals and will be responsible for identifying and building viable revenue streams within their idea area.
Consulting Director, Evaluating Impact
A key skill set of community change practitioners is the ability to be able to effectively evaluate and communicate the impact of their community change strategy. Community change is a dynamic process which involves bringing traditional and non-traditional partners to a collaborative table, working comprehensively on a shared goal and creating an evaluation approach that includes short, medium and long-term outcomes and learning. The Consulting Director, Evaluating Impact will bring experience and knowledge of a variety of evaluation approaches, tools and resources. The Consulting Director will be able to employ this knowledge and experience in advancing the field of community change practice.
In the process of advancing a Tamarack idea area, the Consulting Director will be responsible for:
· Development of an annual assessment of the field related to the idea area which includes an overview of the idea area and its component parts; a scan of other practitioners in the field and their focus of work; and an identification of where the Tamarack Learning Centre can add value to advance the practice area
· Writing to advance the practice area through the development of knowledge products such as thought papers, blogs, case studies and tools
· Skills Development Sessions which advance the skills of practitioners around the practice area and include the development and delivery of multi-day and single day in person workshops, webinars and on-line learning with key thought leaders
· Consulting: the development and delivery of a consulting practice which advances the practice area
· Partner Engagement: the identification and engagement of key partners from across the Tamarack community and externally to build out the practice area.
· Be an active member of the Tamarack Learning Centre team; engaged in the development and delivery of an annual work plan and committed to sharing resources, practices and opportunities within the team environment
· Build strategic external partnerships which advance the idea area and the collective work of the Tamarack Learning Centre
· Proven experience and education, most often attained through completing a Master’s degree and a minimum of five years of employment in a related position
· Strong understanding of the core concepts related to effective community change and impact strategies and deep knowledge and experience in advancing the practice area
· Strong research and writing skills, advanced knowledge of social media
· Strong ability to design and develop workshop curriculum; knowledge products and consulting services
· Strong teaching and facilitation skills; able to develop and deliver effective and unique learning events and workshops
· Ability to work remotely, both independently and in co-operation with a remote team, in a continually evolving organizational environment
Highly relational, both in-person and online, to effectively build trust and commitment with the Tamarack network to ensure that they are engaged
Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed, with demonstrated skills and the capacity to multi-task
Ability to maintain a systems-level perspective as well as ensure that the detailed deliverables are met
Access to a personal network of consulting and partner relationships is an asset
Willingness and ability to travel is required
The Consulting Director, Evaluating Impact practice area will work closely the Co-CEO, Tamarack Learning Centre and the Director of Operations, Tamarack Learning Centre. They will also work collaboratively with the other Consulting Directors and the Tamarack Learning Centre team.
The Tamarack Institute is a virtual organization with a small head office located in Waterloo, Ontario. The position is full-time and can be home-based or performed at the Tamarack offices at the University of Waterloo. Candidates who reside within a close driving distance from Kitchener-Waterloo are preferred, but Tamarack is willing to consider candidates from anywhere in Canada.
CompensationTamarack provides a competitive salary and offers a comprehensive benefits package.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume and cover letter to Jana Harris, Manager Finance and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2019. While we thank all interested applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
About Tamarack Institute
About the Tamarack Institute:
The Tamarack Institute, founded in 2002 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, is a charitable organization dedicated to helping Canadian communities take ownership of local issues by making use of proven strategies for community engagement. We develop and support learning communities to help people collaborate, co-generate knowledge and achieve collective impact on complex community issues. Our vision is to build a connected force for community change