Program Assistant, Administrative – Policy/Research and Membership
Permanent Full-time 35 hours per week
Are you someone who enjoys administrative, clerical and logistical tasks? Do you find it rewarding to pay attention to detail and make sure a project is completed to perfection?
This position is primarily to provide administrative, clerical and logistical support to the Policy, Research & Membership Team. It is also a great learning opportunity for someone who is interested in working in an organization that is committed to anti-racism and anti-oppression and building more equitable outcomes for refugees, immigrants and people without immigration status. Here is more information on OCASI: https://ocasi.org/about-us
- Assist with scheduling and organizing meetings, taking minutes, data entry and other administrative and clerical tasks related to membership renewal, membership drive, event planning and conducting policy research.
- Assist with media monitoring, web page updates, and social media posts.
- Take on other administrative, clerical and logistical tasks as agreed to support the team in carrying out ongoing activities and special projects.
- Awareness of immigration and refugee issues in Canada – Ontario
- Demonstrated ability in performing administrative and clerical tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
- Proven ability to take the initiative, work independently, and work within a team
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression and social justice
- Experience with social media platforms is an asset
- Ability to speak, read and write French is an asset
CompensationDetails: Salary is $40,976 per annum plus benefits, unionized with Unifor Local 87M
How to ApplyHow to apply: Send a cover letter and resume with Program Assistant, Administrative in the title by December 2nd, 2022 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at firstname.lastname@example.org. OCASI is committed to employment equity. While voluntary, we encourage you to indicate in your application if you are an Indigenous person, Black, racialized, a woman, or a person with a disability. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations. We thank all applicants for applying. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
About Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI
Who we are:
Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI acts as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario, and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI was founded in 1978 and now has 240 member agencies across Ontario.