Bilingual Coordinator, Policy – Active Citizenship
OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
Are you a collaborator ready to co-design civic engagement curriculum and programs that will support newcomers? Then come work with us to lead outreach and engagement amongst the immigrant and refugee serving sector, working with the partner agencies on this project.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic bilingual (French and English) organizer with a commitment to help newcomers to develop the skills, knowledge, confidence and connections they need to play a strong, active role in civic areas.
What will the Bilingual Coordinator, Policy – Active Citizenship do?
This is a five year project and the first year of the project has been completed.
- In the second year, the Coordinator will work with the partner agencies to develop the Active Citizenship curriculum.
- In the third year of the project, the Coordinator will help design Active Citizenship Program Models and Supports.
- The Coordinator will help create an ongoing Community of Practice (CoP) in the fourth year of the project.
- In the final year of the project, the Coordinator will work with the partner agencies to provide a documented summary of the evaluation and learning from the five years of the project.
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or degree (e.g. social science, social work, community development, immigration & settlement studies) or the equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience working in the non-profit sector
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a coordinator in a non-profit or community-based agency in the immigrant services sector or other relevant community services sector
- Understanding of the expectations and needs of newcomers to Ontario along the settlement continuum; awareness of the intersectionality of newcomers (i.e. racialized, LGBTQIA+, GBV survivor, (dis)ability etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and influence decision-makers
- Strong relationship building and networking skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with members, partners, staff and volunteers
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
- Good judgment, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency with computers and Internet including demonstrated experience utilizing social media tools to promote projects/campaigns
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
OCASI is committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
CompensationDetails: Salary is $51,220 plus benefits, unionized with Unifor Local 87-M
How to ApplyHow to apply: Send a cover letter and resume with the subject line: Bilingual Coordinator, Policy – Active Citizenship by June 23rd, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at email@example.com.
About OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
Who we are:
OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants acts as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario, and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI was founded in 1978 and now has 240 member agencies across Ontario.