We are looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer to join our organisation.
Ontario Agencies Supporting Individuals with Special Needs (OASIS) was established in 1996 in an attempt to, amongst other things, share information and resources as well as be able to liaise with government as one group on behalf of all its member agencies. OASIS’ Membership has grown to representing approximately 190+ member agencies that provide developmental services to adults and children throughout Ontario. These agencies employ approximately 25,000 full and part-time staff and in turn serve an estimated population of over 65,000 individuals. OASIS member agencies currently provide more than 85% of all developmental services in Ontario. Since its inception, OASIS has always been a volunteer run organisation, led by elected volunteer directors. In recognition of the growing workload for a volunteer, the complexity of the issues and the need for longer term continuity, the Board and membership have now made the decision to shift from a volunteer resourced and run organisation to a permanent, paid, full-time CEO and staff resourced corporation.
You are a seasoned executive that drives change and innovation that has the ability to inspire others to achieve excellence.
You will bring strong belief of caring, collaboration, inclusion and accountability to the service of individuals with developmental challenges.
You will provide strategic, business and managerial leadership to a quality association engaging and supporting the needs of their members.
You will inform, advise and support a strong governance board helping them to guide direction and oversight of the performance of the organization.
You will manage operations in an active and effective manner ensuring the strategic priorities of OASIS are achieved and that the system of internal resources deliver best results.
Internally you will lead a culture of respect and fairness to provide excellent quality and efficiency in the delivery of services.
Externally you will be a champion locally, provincially and nationally in the development of a responsive, high-quality and not-for-profit system of developmental services.
You will bring a spirit of innovation, fun and pride in the work of OASIS.
About the Position:
This position is newly created, there is no previous job description, and no one has filled this role before. You have a rare opportunity to help shape and make it your own.
The position requires:
· Demonstrated ability to lead transformational change and influence excellence, and positive influence on people to achieve results.
· A leadership record of commitment to community and the ability to form relationships with stakeholders including all levels of government. Proven ability to initiate and maintain productive relationships with other community-based organisations, the Board of Directors and government agencies.
· Strong leadership skills that show recognized interpersonal and teamwork.
· Understanding the importance of, and knowing how to, promote and foster our member agencies and their role in our organisation.
· Superior communication ability that demonstrates political acuity and is charismatic with others.
· Ability to lead with the Board in the development and implementation of strategic directions – establishing an outcomes-based operational plan and using a scorecard approach to inform the Board on progress.
· Sound decision-making by identifying, assessing, understanding, acting on and communicating on opportunities and risks.
· A track record in management – ability to direct and monitor resources – people, finance and information.
· A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in the Human Service field with significant exposure to services to individuals with developmental challenges or the equivalent training or experience is preferred but not required. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of equity, diversity and inclusion.
CompensationSalary and benefits will be competitive to similar positions in the field. The financial range of CEO is $120k - $150k.
How to ApplyApplications (covering letter and CV) should be forwarded to the OASIS Project Manager and Executive Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Ontario Agencies Supporting Individuals with Special Needs (OASIS) was established in 1996 with six original member agencies, Community Living Brant, E3 Community Services in Collingwood, Lambton County Developmental Services, Norfolk Association for Community Living, Ottawa Carleton Association for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (OCAPDD) and Woodstock and District Developmental Services.
OASIS was formed in an attempt to, amongst other things, share information and resources as well as be able to liaise with government as one group on behalf of all its member agencies.
Since then, OASIS’ Membership has grown to representing approximately 200+ member agencies that provide developmental services to adults and children throughout Ontario. These agencies employ approximately 25,000 full and part-time staff and in turn serve an estimated population of over 65,000 individuals. OASIS member agencies currently provide more than 85% of all developmental services in Ontario.