Position Title: Get Moving! After-School Lead Facilitator (4 positions)
Start and end dates: September 2023 – June 2024
Benefits: Employee and Family Assistance Program
Hours: ranging from 20 to 25 hours per week
Location: School sites
Reports to: After School Program Coordinator
The Get Moving! After School Lead Facilitator will work with the After- School Program Coordinator and other staff, student placements and volunteers to plan, carry out and evaluate the Get Moving! After-School Program. This program aims to improve health issues of newcomer children and youth by focusing on physical activity, and holistic health and wellness education. In addition, homework assistance, excursions and arts-based activities are planned for its participants. As we evolve and support our communities during the Covid-19 pandemic, we are currently offering programs online with a blended approach to in-person program delivery.
Program Planning & Delivery
- Take the lead in organizing, planning and implementing recreational and educational activities for children ages 6 to 12 years old
- Develop program schedules and plans in line with program requirements
- Ensure the safe supervision of children at all times
- Oversee the preparation and serving of nutritional snacks to children
- Manage conflict between children and/or volunteers/staff in an appropriate manner
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to supervisor
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe program space, both online and in-person
Program Monitoring & Evaluation
- Monitor program expenses and purchases, submit receipts and expense forms as required
- Maintain current and accurate attendance forms, records, statistics and other documents as needed
- Complete monthly reporting of program activities
- Administer and tabulate program evaluations
Outreach & Support
- Conduct outreach and retention activities to ensure adequate program attendance and participation
- Liaise with parents, teachers, other NYCH staff and partner organizations as needed around meeting community needs
- Participate in training sessions and staff meetings as required
- Completion of post-secondary education in health, education, psychology, social work or related field and/or comparable work experience
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
Experience and Skills
- Must be available to work three days per week between the hours of 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience in leading and facilitating programs for school aged children including components of providing homework help, creative arts and sports/physical activities;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in program implementation with a focus on holistic well-being and active living;
- Demonstrated skills in staff, volunteer and student placement supervision;
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting newcomer children and youth;
- Experience working with children and families from diverse cultures within an anti-discriminatory framework;
- Experienced in facilitating virtual programs with online learning tools such as Google classroom, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Passionate, energetic and dedicated to the healthy development of children;
- Committed to modeling healthy lifestyle behaviors;
- Understanding of, and commitment to, social change and community development;
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and ability to work well in a team as well as independently;
- Responsible, dependable and punctual, with ability to communicate in a timely manner with staff and supervisor;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher;
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking and record-keeping skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (a second language is an asset)
- Previous experience with sports, movement and/or fitness an asset;
- A successful clearance of criminal record verification will be required when necessary for the position.
- Candidates will be asked to declare their vaccination status during recruitment process. Successful candidates will be required to provide proof before or directly upon the start of their employment.
Please submit a copy of you cover letter and resume.
Get Moving! After-School Program Lead Facilitator – Hiring Committee
North York Community House
CompensationPosition Title: Get Moving! After-School Lead Facilitator Salary: $18.72/hour Benefits: Employee and Family Assistance Program Start and end dates: September 2023 - June 2024 Hours: ranging from 20 hours per week to 25 hours per week Reports to: After School Program Coordinator
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter and resume to the link below: https://nych.bamboohr.com/careers/121 Get Moving! After-School Program Lead Facilitator - Hiring Committee North York Community House
About North York Community House
North York Community House (NYCH) is a dynamic community agency that has been working with residents of under-resourced and low-income neighbourhoods in northwest Toronto for over 30 years. We are committed to helping people move out of poverty in order to build strong, vibrant communities. We support new Canadians, children, youth and their families, seniors, and local residents in becoming active and engaged citizens who are able to thrive and become leaders in their own lives and communities.
At NYCH, we pride ourselves on working collaboratively and creating a supportive environment. We recognize the work we need to do to improve and are constantly striving to do so. Our team has shown incredible adaptability, strength, creativity, and dedication in serving our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we continue to learn and grow, and innovate while dealing with the challenges of this new reality.