The Foundation is hiring an Administrative Coordinator. This individual will be a key player in providing administrative support to all of the Foundation’s funding programs and activities. They will work closely with all Foundation staff and will report to the Grants Manager. This is a full-time, permanent position, with a salary range of $50,000 to $60,000 plus benefits.
The Administrative Coordinator will work from the Metcalf office in Toronto at 38 Madison Avenue unless COVID-19 government protocols require employees to work remotely at their home workspace. Remote work may also be considered should life/family circumstances due to COVID-19 require it.
- Provide extensive administrative support to the Foundation’s granting programs and activities
- Assist in the ongoing organization and maintenance of the Foundation database and granting files including: processing grant applications, creating and monitoring approved grants, ongoing contact with grantees for and grant updates, management and production of communication lists, and requisitioning payments for grants as required
- Act as initial contact for program applicants, including responding to applicants who do not meet the minimum criteria
- Liaise with Foundation grantees
- Prepare summaries of grants for inclusion in Foundation publications and on our website
- Provide detailed financial information related to grants as required by other staff
- Organize meetings, including issuing invitations, scheduling, creating and circulating advance materials, arranging catering and other facility needs, taking notes during meetings, and conducting appropriate follow-up with materials from meetings
- Assist with the production of materials related to the specific funding programs, including program funding guidelines
- Assist with updates to the Foundation website on grant application information
- Assist with the formatting and proofreading of Foundation reports
- Provide administrative support for events including report launches, symposiums, workshops, forums, speaker events, and webinars
- Assist with providing IT support
- Assist with operational support including human resources management and financial reporting and reconciliation
- Support and undertake other Foundation-wide projects as required
- Perform other administrative duties as required
- Possesses post-secondary education or seven years of equivalent work experience
- Exceptional administration, organizational, and coordination skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Someone who is passionate about data with an enthusiasm for building and maintaining systems
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge and demonstrated ease and familiarity with database programs (FileMaker Pro preferred) and Microsoft Office functions (Mac)
- Excellent ability to take initiative, problem solve, and work independently, with good judgment in organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is ready to pitch in; ability to anticipate the needs of the team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proofreading experience
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing circumstances
- Interest or experience working with not-for-profit organizations, specifically in at least one of the Foundation’s program areas would be considered a strong asset
- Accounting or financial training/experience an asset
- A familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, Eventbrite, Dropbox, Zoom, and other online tools are also definite assets
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and provide support to staff on a variety of issues with computer software and hardware, email, printers, etc.
CompensationThis is a full-time, permanent position, with a salary range of $50,000 to $60,000 plus benefits.
How to ApplyQualified applicants are invited to submit an electronic resume and cover letter in PDF format in one file to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Coordinator Search.” Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Metcalf is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. We encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of colour candidates, and persons with disabilities to apply. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise Metcalf of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 2:00 PM ET
About Metcalf Foundation
The Metcalf Foundation is one of Canada’s leading private foundations. Our mission is to enhance the effectiveness of people and organizations working together to help Canadians imagine and build a just, healthy, and creative society. We create change by focusing our work in three areas:
- supporting long-term strategies that create sustainable economic opportunities for low-income people and communities in Toronto;
- working at the intersection of climate, biodiversity, and sustainable livelihoods; and
- supporting individual leadership and organizational innovation in the performing arts.
As a foundation, Metcalf believes that change happens when we share hopeful visions of the future, work and learn collectively, and think broadly in pursuit of comprehensive solutions. Non-profit leaders are the heart of their organizations, as they help to engage and mobilize communities on pressing social, cultural, and environmental issues. Investing in non-profit leadership and the capacity of those working on the front lines of social change is core to Metcalf’s work.
The issues Metcalf focuses on as a foundation are complex and interconnected. We partner with a range of philanthropic peers and sector leaders to collectively push into new spaces, building movement and momentum around emerging insights, ideas, and opportunities. We are a small but mighty team: we work closely together, pay keen attention to both strategy and detail, and love the work, issues, and people we engage with.