The Opportunity: Part-Time Fundraiser
Are you passionate about equitable access to healthcare, quality, and choice of end-of-life care?
Do you love working with individual donors, foundations, governments at all levels, volunteers, and community leaders?
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to:
– Help establish ongoing fundraising for an important community resource?
– Demonstrate dynamic and creative thinking as the lead fundraiser?
– Hone leadership skills in building fundraising infrastructure, as well as maintaining and creating important fundraising strategies?
MAiDHouse is seeking a part-time Fundraiser aligning fund development activities with the organization’s strategic priorities, vision, and values. The Fundraiser will help build the organization’s fundraising capacity and develop effective short term and long-term fundraising plans. The annual fundraising goal is $250,000. The successful candidate will work with MAiDHouse staff, Board, fundraising committee members and key influencers to analyze, develop and expand its revenue sources.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Prime responsibilities include increasing number of donors, donor retention and stewardship, content to increase audience engagement, proposal writing, third party events, legacy giving and corporate and foundation research and other creative strategies aimed at meeting the revenue goals of the organization.
The Part-Time Fundraiser will:
– Review, analyze, and summarize current funding sources.
– Collaborate with MAiDHouse leadership and volunteers to develop and implement fundraising plan.
– Lead prospecting, cultivation and solicitation calls and applications both independently and as part of a strategic team, with a focus on increasing number donors and major gifts of $5,000+.
– Develop and manage effective donor stewardship and recognition.
– Manage special fundraising projects, such as developing a potential fundraising event action plan.
– Develop fundraising operations infrastructure and effectively use and maintain database.
– Reports required by funders and others as agreed upon
– Manage fundraising committee included but not limited to monthly meetings.
– Manage fundraising volunteer.
– Other duties as required.
· CFRE or post-secondary studies in fundraising, communications, or marketing or clearly demonstrated equivalent experience
· 2 years+ experience in fundraising or equivalent with broad knowledge of current trends and strategies, particularly related to the charitable, not-for-profit sector.
· Excellent communication skills and knowledge of fundraising trends including online.
· Demonstrated ability to “hit the ground running” within a short timeframe.
· Passion for supporting the rights of Canadians for end-of-life choice with a strong commitment to the mission and values of MAiDHouse
· Demonstrated knowledge and ability in government relations related to funding, in recognition of the current COVID charitable environment.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, tact and diplomacy particularly as relating to death, and end-of-life issues.
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail with high accountability and excellent follow-through.
· Strong MS Office, database and spread sheet program skills, experience with Keela or related system, proficiency with email and internet applications.
· Fosters a team-based, diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, ensuring positive interactions with other team members, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will be:
· Relationship driven
· Achievement oriented
Work is performed in a controlled environment with almost no exposure to disagreeable environmental conditions, e.g., private, or semi-private office or cubicle or virtually.
Working at MAiDHouse may require some physical effort (walking around /between floors, lifting and standing) and/or prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Work involves engagement in what can be an emotionally charged topic.
Compensation$35,000 - $42,000
How to ApplyApply by email with cover letter and resume and other relevant materials. SUBJECT LINE: Fundraiser – Part-Time Tekla Hendrickson, Executive Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com. Posting is ongoing until position is filled We thank everyone for their interest and submission. Only those candidates being shortlisted will be contacted by MAiDHouse. MAiDHouse Statement of Diversity & Inclusion MAiDHouse is committed to ensuring the value of diversity is upheld in everything that we do for our clients, visitors, health care practitioners, employees, volunteers, and the broader community. MAiDHouse welcomes and supports all people, regardless of ability, age, gender, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or beliefs. It is incumbent upon MAiDHouse staff and volunteers to share the responsibility of creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and support. MAiDHouse promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Vision: A community where everyone eligible has equal access to a place for MAiD.