The Kleinburg Nobleton Soccer Club is a non for profit, community based soccer club located in the City of Vaughan and town of Nobleton. The club provides soccer development programs and leagues to players in recreational, development and competitive soccer. The club is experiencing a period of transition to accommodate increased growth in our membership base.
The Program Manager – Active Start is responsible for the management of all KNSC recreational programs from U3-U6, encompassing the LTPD Stage including Active Start and Fundamentals. The PM-AS is approximately a 15-20 hour per week commitment. He/she will work closely with all relevant coaches within the Grassroots Development stream. He/she will provide positive energy, leadership and initiative in developing, growing and maintaining programs within the club. This is balanced with strong customer service ability, program leadership, administration and conflict resolution skills.
The PM-AS is to play a dynamic and leadership role including, but not limited to, the following areas:
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• Must be committed to the club philosophy of building a successful, respected program with particular emphasis on athletic and academic priorities and the importance of good citizenship both on and off the field
• Assist the Technical Development team in organizing the overall child/youth club structure and annual Technical Development Plan
• Collaborate with GM and TD to create clear processes to ensure an effective workflow is put into practice regarding player attraction and integration, registration, training and game field assignments
• Improve KNSC players at Stage 1 of the Canadian Sport for Life model (CS4L)
• Facilitate the club’s philosophy at Active Start stage of development
• Complete administrative tasks as required for the Active Start division
• Facilitate communication between parents, coaches, and players from U3-U6
• Liaise with Technical Development team to organize summer camps for U4-U6
• Actively assist the Technical Development team with coach education workshops
• Actively work with the community to improve KNSC Active Start programming
• Work with U3-U6 staff coaches and/or teams on a weekly basis
• Work with Technical Development team to plan U4-U6 winter programs
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERSONAL DUTIES:
• Ensure that players, parents and coaches have all the necessary club information needed using social media, texting, emailing, the club website, and phone calls as tools for communication.
• Develop relationships and networks with soccer enthusiasts in the local area in order to promote the club by raising awareness through formal and informal networks.
• Recruit potential voluntary and paid staff members.
• Develop and distribute session plans for coaches of U3-U6 teams
• Collaborate with the Technical Director in regards to summer camps and clinics
• Other duties as assigned
• CSA Children’s License and/or C License or equivalent
• Making Ethical Decisions
• Respect in Soccer
• Vulnerable Sector Check
• Can demonstrate extensive experience in operational efficiency within a high standards based soccer club
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Management / leadership experience preferably within children/youth development
• Broad experiences on topics of sports administration, management and the game of soccer
• Must be able to review and evaluate coaches development plan and ensure they stay on their personal development path
• Must be able to create and conduct informative coaching/player/parent presentations on and off field
• Conduct training sessions for other teams and streams as assigned
This position requires an individual who is motivated and highly organized, with a strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities. They must be proactive and able to produce a high volume of work within specific time constraints. He/She must be customer service orientated, of high integrity and able to work independently and collaboratively with others while representing the Kleinburg Nobleton Soccer Club in a professional manner.