Job Title: Administrative Assistant – CEO Office
Position Type: Full time, permanent, Non-Bargaining Unit
Number of Positions: 1
Rate: $26.52 per hour ($51,714 per year)
Vacation: 4 weeks to start
Benefits: Group benefits with Life Insurance, AD&D, Extended Health and Dental Care with premiums 100% paid by the employer, LTD with premiums 100% paid by employees; paid sick leave and float day
RRSP: RRSP with 6.5% employer contribution and 4% employee contribution after successful completion of probation
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Supervisor: Project Manager & Assistant to the CEO
Posting Date: January 9, 2023
Application Deadline: February 6, 2023 at 5:00pm
Location: 300-36 Lombard Street, Toronto with hybrid work arrangements available.
Why Fred Victor?
For over 125 years, Fred Victor has been a leader in providing place and purpose to people in need in Toronto. Our mission is to improve the health, income and housing stability of people experiencing poverty and homelessness. We are committed to ending chronic homelessness. This is an ambitious and bold goal but we believe, achievable.
The Administrative Assistant – CEO Office provides administrative support to the CEO and Project Manager & Assistant to the CEO and some administrative support to the Board of Directors and Fred Victor’s Exec Team.
Does this sound like work you want to be a part of?
We offer a collaborative environment, an opportunity to join a diverse team of caring professionals and a chance to make a difference. With over 60 programs and services and more than 21 sites, there are lots of opportunities to grow your career with us.
What You Will Do (Position Summary)
- CEO Office Administration and Support:
·Work closely with and receive direction from CEO and Project Manager & Assistant to the CEO to support the development and achievement of strategic priorities related to programs and services, and to take leadership when designated/appropriate.
·Ensure effective administration, organization and functioning of the CEO Office including proofreading documents, processing invoices and credit card reconciliations and filing of documents generated through the CEO Office.
·Support logistics and coordination of meetings such as Senior Leadership Team meetings, All Management Meetings, All Staff Meetings and Annual General Meeting.
- Governance Administration:
·Logistical and administrative support for Board and Board Committees meetings and specially-called meetings.
·Administration of the board portal.
·Support for board recruitment.
·Support to board education activities.
·Other board administration such as maintaining member lists, compiling and storing official board documents and updating the Board Manual.
·Maintaining discretion and confidentiality regarding board matters.
What You Bring to the Team
- Minimum 3-5 years of administrative experience.
- Previous experience supporting a Board of Directors is an asset.
What Sets You Apart
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills, ability to coordinate schedules, prioritize multiple tasks, work effectively under stress, meet short deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with and communicate with a wide variety of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Comfortable working either through virtual settings (Zoom, MS Teams, etc.) or in person.
- Broad knowledge of the organization and an ability to interpret differences between crucial and routine matters.
- Understanding of people living in poverty, dealing with mental health issues, addictions, social isolation and/or homelessness.
- Ability to handle a wide range of responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong research, proofreading and editing skills.
- Sound judgment and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to produce accurate work despite numerous interruptions.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, ability to anticipate needs and offer solutions to problems.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Experience writing minutes and reports.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities.
This work requires a commitment and adherence to the values, goals and policies of Fred Victor.
CompensationCompensation and Benefits
- For the Administrative Assistant – CEO Office, Fred Victor offers a starting salary of $51,714.
- 4 weeks of vacation to start + 1 float day
- Generous paid sick leave allowance
- A comprehensive Dental, Extended Health and LTD group benefits package includes individual and family coverage, including prescriptions, hospital accommodation, hearing care, paramedical practitioners and a wide variety of dental care. Additional insurance includes vision care and travel for emergency medical services.
- 6.5 % of your gross salary will be contributed to a group RRSP on your behalf after successful completion of probation; you will contribute 4% of your gross salary to the same RRSP
- Access to employee and family assistance plan