Job Title: Indigenous Food Sovereignty Coordinator
FoodShare is looking for an Indigenous Food Sovereignty Coordinator to help coordinate our
Indigenous Advisory Circle, organize trainings and dialogues for FoodShare staff and partners
on current Indigenous organizing and history, and support networking and relationship
building among Indigenous groups doing food sovereignty work.
Detailed Job Description:
● Coordinate the Indigenous Advisory Circle as a mechanism to advise FoodShare on our
programs, policies, and work plans.
● Assist with building support for Indigenous food sovereignty into FoodShare’s broader
advocacy goals and campaigns.
● Assist with the development of a closed Facebook group for information sharing around
food sovereignty and food access initiatives among Indigenous people.
● Work with the Indigenous Advisory Circle members to animate in-person events and
gatherings for Indigenous communities in Toronto.
● Animate lunch and learns for FoodShare staff and guests from members of the Indigenous
● Support Indigenous-led organizations/groups requesting support from FoodShare to
advance their Indigenous food sovereignty and food access work through facilitating
connections, sharing funding opportunities, reviewing and assisting with grant applications,
and supporting their organizational work plans.
● Help to share knowledge with non-Indigenous people that occupy this land.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
● Knowledge of Indigenous protocols, teachings, worldviews
● Experience with Indigenous communities, organizations, and businesses, either directly or
● Experience with Indigenous Elders and Traditional Knowledge Keepers, either directly or
● Demonstrated commitment to food justice and anti-oppression
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Detail oriented
FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are
pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans
status or any other legally-protected factors.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability during the application
process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest
convenience – firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies
regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be
CompensationRate of pay: $21.54/hour Total Hours: 22.5 hours a week (3 days a week) Reports to: Community Food Animation Senior Manager
How to ApplyTO APPLY: Please send applications to FoodShare’s Human Resource Department - email@example.com by 5:00pm on Friday January 24, 2020
About FoodShare Toronto
For FoodShare, being a food justice organization means that we are aligning and evaluating our work to ensure that it drives at dismantling sites of exploitation within the food system and our food movement. We use an equity lens to seek justice, and food security, for everyone.