SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
As a key player on the FFPC team, the Communications Coordinator will strategically engage donors and enthusiastically promote the FFPC brand by managing its marketing activities, online platforms and other external communication channels while helping build and maintain positive donor relationships through stewardship and other cultivation activities.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Marketing & Managing Online Platforms
- Produce engaging written communications including direct mail appeals, newsletters, annual reports, presentations, press releases and proposals as required for the purposes of fundraising and communications.
- Support the creation and maintenance of marketing materials including brochures, advertisements, annual reports, newsletters, direct mail pieces, advertisements, event materials etc. to ensure brand continuity.
- Manage social media platforms which includes creating and promoting content; promptly engaging with donors and prospects; gauging engagement metrics by monitoring comments and conversion rates.
- Manage a current and user-friendly website, update information as required, create website blog posts, work with web consultant to troubleshoot web-related issues
- Manage our Canada Helps and other online giving platforms, updating information and thank you notes on an ongoing basis, creating additional fundraising pages as needed.
- Identify additional sources and platforms to build the FFPC brand
- Organize logistical aspects of FFPC virtual and in-person events in a timely and professional manner. Responsibilities include drafting agendas and timelines, crafting speech outlines, communicating with the venue, coordinating and supporting staff in their roles, addressing guest concerns, post-event follow-up with guests, managing virtual platforms and other technical aspects
Fundraising and Stewardship
- Provide the best possible appropriate stewardship to donors through personalized thank you notes, emails, and telephone calls to foster positive relationships
- Maintain accurate donor records of all contacts and communications in the CRM
- Craft a range of documents including proposals, donor correspondence, updates & project reports for donors
- Support the ED in her tasks and duties that relate to communications
- Produce and maintain process documents that correspond with social media, website, activities calendars, donor reports, donor stewardship etc.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of experience as a marketing and/or communications professional, preferably with a non-profit organization
- A degree in a relevant field: communications, marketing, digital, public relations, or other relevant discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong social media skills
- Experience with a diverse range of digital tools: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, WordPress, Canva and video editing software. Comfortable learning new technologies
- Experience managing external relationships with printers, web designers, writers, photographers, graphic designers, and other suppliers
- Experience managing a diverse workload, ability to prioritize effectively and work independently within the setting of a dynamic team
- Well organized, ability to work on complex projects, at a fast pace, in a results-driven environment
- Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness and proactivity
- Seeks new opportunities for organizational growth through external communications channels and partnerships
- Experiments with new content and material to further improve engagement metrics across all communications channels
- Wants to grow within the role and looks for ways to make the organization stronger
- Salary range 40,000-50,000
- We offer an enhanced benefits package including health, dental, long-term disability, paid sick days, personal days and more
- Work from home until physical distancing measures are lifted, opportunity for flexible hybrid of in-office and work from home after that
- We offer a positive work environment and a culture that supports healthy work-life balance as well as opportunities for professional development
How to ApplyPlease submit your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com outlining why you are interested in joining FFPC and your qualifications for the position. FFPC supports equal employment opportunities and encourages applicants of diversity. Applications will be accepted until June 18th, 2021. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted. We will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is found, so early application is encouraged.
About Food For The Poor Canada
Food For The Poor of Canada, Inc. (FFPC) is a small and nimble charity that has the infrastructure of a large NGO. We work with established partners (Food For The Poor USA, FFP Haiti, FFP Jamaica, FFP Guyana and other partners) to support humanitarian projects that create lasting impact. We build villages, homes, water wells, schools, and clinics and manage sustainability projects funded by FFPC donors. Our work also involves the distribution of goods to schools, orphanages, churches, hospitals, and community leaders that work directly with the people they serve.
Over the last 12 years, FFPC and its Canadian donors have built 158 homes, 34 schools, as well as shipped and distributed $41,000,000 in food, educational, and medical supplies to communities in Latin America and the Caribbean.