Digital Marketing Manager (Full-time, Permanent)
Location: Our office is located in Toronto, Ontario; however, this position can be located anywhere in Canada with flexible / hybrid / and remote work arrangements available.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Hiring Range: $75,000 – $80,000 annually, including a comprehensive benefits plan, pension plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days, access to an Employee Assistance Program and professional development opportunities
At the heart of Community Food Centre Canada’s work is the belief that food is a basic right. We bring people together around good food so communities can thrive. With more than 400 partners across the country, we build inclusive, culturally responsive Community Food Centres, share knowledge, create health-focused programs, and advocate for equitable policy change.
At Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC), we work on behalf of good food for all. Our collective approach at CFCC is founded on dignity and respect, equity and empathy. These values are core to our mission and outlined in our Good Food Principles.
CFCC is strongly committed to equity and inclusion within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment, and welcome candidates to speak about how their experience has demonstrated a commitment to Equity, Inclusion, Reconciliation and Anti-Oppression.
About the position:
Reporting to the Director of Communications, and working with the Communications team and the wider staff team, the Digital Marketing Manager leads on and oversees the organization’s digital strategy, digital marketing efforts and digital platforms.
The end goal is to engage new and existing supporters and donors in our mission and play an important role in enabling the organization to meet its revenue, advocacy, and awareness goals.
Digital marketing strategy:
- Lead the development of a digital strategy for CFCC that guides the organization’s activities, investments, and growth.
- Translate the digital strategy into achievable goals and tactics for each fiscal year, building towards longer-term goals.
- Monitors the overall success of these goals and tactics, suggesting and recommending improvements.
- Engage all CFCC staff in the successes and learnings to increase awareness and understanding of the digital strategy
In addition to leading on the above strategy, the incumbent will:
- Contribute to developing and executing the organization’s overall communications strategy and annual plan.
- Contributing member of the communication’s management team, supporting with prioritization and decision making for the broader team
- Contribute to thought leadership, storytelling, and content planning as part of a collaborative team.
- Work alongside IT to help create an integrated and streamlined digital ecosystem at CFCC
- Support in determining optimal CRM platforms for digital marketing and audience segmentation, including Salesforce and Engaging Networks
Digital marketing and content:
- Lead on digital ad campaigns for events, awareness and advocacy initiatives. Including but not limited to: social media ads, search and display ads through Google, amongst others.
- Work closely with Development team and external vendors to identify and implement digital marketing opportunities for donor retention and acquisition
- Work with the Director of Communications and Policy team to support multi-channel public engagement and advocacy campaigns.
- Oversee organic social media campaigns and social media editorial calendars
- Lead on SEO, AODA compliance, keywords, meta description and all backend aspects of CFCC web platforms.
- Oversee CFCC’s main websites as well as campaign and event microsites.
- Oversee and recommend regular website maintenance plans, as well as fielding cross-departmental requests.
- Oversee the creation of website content that is engaging, relevant, accurate, and on brand.
- Liaise with web developers on website improvements as well as on functionality and security updates.
- Support Digital Communications Officer around regular metrics gathering and recommendations.
CRM + Email engagement program:
- Create and oversee digital touchpoint calendar that works across all departments, in collaboration with Development and Communication team members
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, develop and oversee strategy for new and ongoing supporter and donor journeys, stewardship touchpoints and email marketing opportunities in order to achieve KPIs.
- Provide consult and oversight on email marketing automations and list pulls, with an eye to delivering on growth and engagement targets
- Manage Digital Communications Officer, supervising day-to-day activities and overall portfolio.
- Provide staff mentorship and performance evaluations throughout the year.
- Align with CFCC values and contribute to the evolution of our culture, and a work environment that is grounded in Equity, Respect, Integrity & Accountability, Collaboration & Engagement, Leadership, Innovation and Impact.
- Minimum of seven years of related work experience;
- University or college degree in marketing, digital strategy, or related field;
- Strong and proven abilities in digital marketing efforts to acquire and retain supporters and donors, including but not limited to:
- search and display ads
- Google AdWords
- Social media marketing
- Lead generation techniques
- Experience with developing and successfully implementing digital strategy;
- Experience leading on effective digital content and managing successful awareness, fundraising and advocacy campaigns;
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and Looker Studio alongside other equivalent analytics tools to track and measure performance.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with:
- CRM software, with a focus on Salesforce and Engaging Networks
- CMS systems, from WordPress to Kentico. Some front-end coding experience (e.g. HTML and CSS) is a bonus, but not required.
- Marketing automation and email marketing tools
- Social media platforms, management and metrics tools
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing digital strategy, projects and deliverables that meet the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, along with other best practices
- Proven ability to write clearly and persuasively for a variety of platforms and audiences
- Proven track record of managing projects with multiple stakeholders and completing them on deadline and on budget
- Sound ability to work with diverse stakeholders within tight deadlines
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and that strives to work from an anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
- Demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and reconciliation through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Fluency in French (written and spoken) is an asset.
Why work for us?
➔ Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, short and long-term disability insurance, membership in a defined benefit pension plan, 15 paid vacation days in your first year, increasing to 20 paid vacation days in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days, access to an Employee Assistance Program and professional development opportunities
➔ a culture of mutual support where staff are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive Canada
➔ an opportunity to be part of a movement building health, belonging and social justice in low-income communities across Canada through the power of food