Program: Cloud Computing Location: ACCES Mississauga
Contract Length: One year with opportunity for renewal
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment to join our team. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Our Cloud Computing Program is developed in consultation with subject matter experts, including Amazon AWS Services, ICTC, Sheridan College, and industry partners to respond to the demand for cloud computing roles. This 6-week program will assist ITIs on Amazon AWS Services through scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework to gain the technical skills and certifications they need to succeed. The program also includes occupation-specific workplace culture and communication training, and customized employment services.
The position of Employer Liaison assigned to our ‘Cloud Computing’ program, is responsible for the creation of employment opportunities for program participants and ACCES clients. The individual in this position will work in collaboration with their teammates and colleagues across the organization, as well as employers and community partner agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to employers
· Liaise with community professionals and employers to create competitive jobs and employment opportunities
· Monitor all placements, oversee training plan development, and conduct on-going follow-up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
· Integrate work with all ACCES staff, with the Employment Consultant team
· Provide employment preparation and employability group sessions and individual resource centre support when required
· Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counselling and referrals when required
· Arrange job fairs and networking events
· Other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications and Experience:
· Business Degree or equivalent
· 3 or more years’ experience in job development, employer outreach, employment counseling and/or recruitment
· Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector, particularly with employers within the IT and technology sectors is preferred
· Knowledge of/experience working with diverse job seekers including newcomers, internationally trained professionals, and others who may be experiencing employment barriers is preferred
· Understanding of labour market information and trends
· Experience in business development, sales, B2B recruitment is considered an asset
· Previous experience with Employment Ontario Programs and/or Bridging Programs is an asset
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
· Effective networking skills
· Demonstrated ability to work and co-operate in a team
· Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
· Able to facilitate group activities
· Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment and with online virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, and Microsoft Teams
· Familiarity with online platforms and database management programs (ex. Salesforce)
· Fluency in a second language is considered an asset
· Required to travel to other ACCES site locations, employer sites, community partners, networking events and job fairs
· Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working on-site in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Important Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.
CompensationJob status: Unionized Salary: $53,928.27 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration Contract Length: One year contract with opportunity for renewal
How to ApplyInterested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to: ACCES Employment Hiring Committee By Email: email@example.com Candidates should state the position of interest (including program and location) in the subject of the email: Employer Liaison, Cloud Computing, ACCES Mississauga Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire. This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted. ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities. Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
About ACCES Employment
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.