The primary job functions are to:
- ensure the successful planning and execution of ONPHA’s annual conference and trade show (registration, logistics, event management, customer service)
- negotiate and maintain relationships with ONPHA’s various event suppliers, sponsors, exhibitors and advertisers
- coordinate sponsorship and logistics for ONPHA’s regional meeting series
- Three years of proven full event planning experience coordinating large and complex conferences and other events
- Must have experience with eTouches
- A diploma or certificate in event planning or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and responsibilities under tight timelines
- Experience in fundraising or sponsorship management
- Experience with venue management – coordinating meetings, travel and accommodation
- Able to work well independently, and as part of a team, modelling a positive, customer service-oriented attitude and approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Use of iMIS or other comparable relational database system is an asset
- Use of etouches or other comparable event management software is an asset
- Experience in coordinating conferences and events outside of Toronto is an asset
- reaching out to existing and potential sponsors, exhibitors and advertisers to fulfill targets and ensure agreements are fulfilled
- monitoring conference budget to ensure revenue and expenses meet targets
- coordinating the conference registration process (using iMIS and etouches)
- providing customer service to conference delegates, speakers and moderators
- negotiating and managing contracts with conference vendors (venue, catering, AV, etc.)
- coordinating the logistics for all conference events (workshops, banquet, AGM, etc.) coordinating all on-site event requirements
- coordinating all Regional Meeting logistics including venue management, food and beverage, staff travel and accommodations, and sponsor management
- This is a 9-month full-time contract position with the possibility of extension.
- $60,077 to $67,617 per year. As a 9 month contract, the salary will be prorated over the term of the contract.
How to ApplyPlease email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Include “Coordinator, Conference and Events” in the subject line. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your submission.
About Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association
The Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association (ONPHA) is a member-based association established to build a strong community-based housing sector in Ontario. The association represents more than 700 non-profit housing providers who manage over 165,000 housing units for families, seniors, people with disabilities, and the homeless. ONPHA has an annual budget of approximately $3 million and a staff complement of approximately twenty.