Do you believe that everyone should have access to healthy food, and that food can be a powerful tool for connecting people and building better health, belonging, and equity? Does building and managing a robust digital engagement program that educates and mobilizes people to take action on food and poverty issues excite you? Community Food Centres Canada is looking for a creative, energetic, and hard-working professional with experience in digital engagement and content production to join our team and help us drive growth and engagement in communities across Canada.
Who you are
The Digital Engagement Manager works with the communications team to execute the organization’s strategic communications plan. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building audiences and driving engagement using varied digital platforms, tactics, and tools. You’ll be an excellent writer and master content planner with experience creating compelling and effective campaigns and content for digital channels. You’ll be as comfortable planning at a strategic level as you are executing the details of that plan, and as comfortable behind a computer as you are connecting with people face-to-face. You have a demonstrated interest in food and social justice issues, and an understanding of the current discourse around those issues in Canada. You have a keen design eye, a good sense of humour, and like working with a team to get the job done.
Who we are
Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) is a national non-profit that builds and supports vibrant, food-focused places in low-income communities that bring people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food for all. We believe food is a powerful community-building tool that can bring people together around shared goals, build skills and physical and mental health, and create the opportunity for greater equity and social change. CFCC is a flexible, collaborative, and dynamic workplace.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, and working with the Communications Manager and the wider staff team, the Digital Engagement Manager contributes to building CFCC’s brand and profile as a leader and innovator in the non-profit food space, engages new and existing supporters in our mission, and contributes to the organization’s ability to meet its revenue and advocacy goals. The Digital Engagement Manager will play a key role in contributing to CFCC’s engagement strategy, as well as several other major projects.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of CFCC’s communications strategy and annual communications plan;
- Play a key role in supporting the redevelopment of CFCC’s main website (2017-18);
- Manage CFCC’s digital communications program (strategy, content creation, marketing and avdertising, and analytics for websites, e-newsletters and e-blasts, and social media accounts);
- Manage subscriber lists and online constituencies and deliver on audience growth targets;
- Contribute to developing a robust national digital engagement strategy that is in line with best practices in the sector and that will clearly define how our brand shows up in the digital space, how people engage with us, and growth areas for the coming years;
- Collaborate with CFCC’s Fundraising, Knowledge Exchange, and Advocacy teams to generate awareness and support for CFCC’s events and campaigns;
- Support partner Community Food Centres and other affiliated organizations by developing tools, templates, and trainings, as well as providing ongoing one-on-one support to local staff.
- 5 to 7 years of related work experience;
- University degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field;
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and persuasively for a variety of and platforms and audiences;
- Experience creating and designing compelling digital content;
- Experience developing and executing successful digital engagement and marketing campaigns;
- Experience managing web development projects;
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of food and social justice issues;
- Skilled at copyediting and proofreading;
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, WordPress, MailChimp, Salesforce, Drupal, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Box, and common marketing automation tools. Familiarity with video and audio editing software an asset.
- Fluency in French (written and spoken) an asset.
Position details: Full-time, permanent; 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: Early July
Please submit a covering letter and resume in a single document to email@example.com with “Digital Engagement Manager” in the subject line. Posting closes Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6 p.m.
CFCC hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
How to ApplyPlease submit a covering letter and resume in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Engagement Manager” in the subject line. Posting closes Monday, May 29, 2017 at 6 p.m.
About Community Food Centres Canada
Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) is a national non-profit that builds and supports vibrant, food-focused places in low-income communities that bring people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food for all. We believe food is a powerful community-building tool that can bring people together around shared goals, build skills and physical and mental health, and create the opportunity for greater equity and social change.