Employment Type: Relief
Work Hours: Varied as needed
Salary: $24.54 per hour (L3)
Location: 80 Woodlawn Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M4T 1C1
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 11, 2023
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Relief Housing Administrator is responsible for performing administrative duties relating to intake and tenancy of tenants at all the permanent housing programs of YWCA Toronto. The position also provides administrative support to the Housing Administration team.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO – HOUSING ADMINISTRATION
YWCA Toronto offers a range of housing options for single women and women-led households, including permanent housing at a variety of locations. Individual and group support assists residents to maintain their housing. On site housing support services provide education on the rights and responsibilities of tenancy, conflict mediation and resolution, crisis prevention and intervention and referrals. Supports are intended to assist women to develop skills to live independently. Staff have expertise in numerous areas (i.e. job readiness, advocacy, parenting, effects of violence on women and their children), and are available to work with women to identify barriers in their lives.
· Responds to all YWCA Toronto permanent housing programs accommodation inquiries and confirms accommodation;
· Assists in maintaining waiting lists for potential tenants for the permanent housing programs;
· Assists in the updating and maintenance of arrears and payment plan spreadsheets;
· Provides support during peak rent collection times, including collecting rent;
· Updates the statistical database;
· Undertakes special projects as assigned;
· Assist with other duties as requested.
· General knowledge of an academic or technical discipline normally acquired through completion of a community college diploma (e.g. Business Administration) (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
· 1 to 3 years directly related work experience in a residential setting governed under the Residential Tenancies Act and Housing Services Act;
· Thorough knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act and Landlord and Tenant Board;
· Knowledgeable in calculation of Rents-Geared-to-Income in accordance with the City of Toronto, Rent Geared to Income Administrative Manual;
· Experience working with a housing databases (e.g. Arcori, HMWorx, Yardi);
· Advanced computer skills in a Windows environment with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel and Word);
· Excellent customer service skills with an ability to maintain a positive approach and Professional manner at all times;
· Ability to respond to multiple requests or service demands;
· Proven experience working both independently and as part of a team in the planning and delivery of services;
· Knowledgeable of mental health/addiction issues and the impact on client’s presentation;
· Experience working with diverse individuals and groups and the ability to deliver culturally sensitive services in a multicultural environment for women with multiple barriers including homelessness, mental health and addiction issues;
· Excellent interpersonal and interviewing skills;
· Ability to work within an anti-oppression and feminist framework, an understanding of issues facing low income women and their children;
· Demonstrated conflict resolution skills, ability to work under pressure and remain calm in a crisis;
· Excellent written, oral communication skills, and organizational skills;
· Ability to work in a busy environment with competing demands;
· Knowledge of a second language an asset.
Note: Regular travelling to YWCA buildings is required.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees, students and volunteers are strongly encouraged to obtain all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as recommended by Toronto Public Health.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Tara Jewer, Manager of Housing Administration, Housing and Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote JOB ID number HADM963 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. These positions are not within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter and your email subject line if you are an employee of YWCA Toronto.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: September 28, 2023
Compensation$24.54 per hour
How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and résumé to Tara Jewer, Manager of Housing Administration, Housing and Support at email@example.com. Please quote JOB ID number HADM963 and your name in the subject line.
About YWCA Toronto
YWCA Toronto is an association by, for and about women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.