Program Overview – Housing & Homelessness Services
The Housing & Homelessness Services Unit’s primary goal is to help homeless people and those living on low-income find and keep appropriate housing and prevent evictions whenever possible. The philosophy of this work is in keeping with WoodGreen’s commitment to community development, anti-discrimination, and harm reduction.
What You Will Do
- Provides senior administrative and organizational leadership in managing the Vice President’s Office, including the preparation of correspondence, information, and presentation materials and reports. This includes operational documentation and building design and specifications.
- Works with WoodGreen’s Office of the CEO in regards to boards of directors matters, management team and committee members, and provides information, assistance, and administrative support.
- Completes detailed management meeting minutes and project activity notes. Ensures items requiring the Vice President’s and project timelines attention are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and maintains organizational planning meetings and all materials and minutes.
- Coordinates the input of Directors and Vice Presidents to produce monthly board reports for use within the department, to meet the reporting requirements of municipal, provincial, and federal government departments.
- Assist in the management of multiple concurrent organizational improvement initiatives to implement the Unit’s operational strategy and enhance its overall service and financial sustainability model. Trouble shoot project problems and identify and support implementation of creative solutions.
- Oversees all key project activities and is the main contact point for consultant-led initiatives, liaising with the VP and relevant staff.
- Ensures project activities comply with WoodGreen’s policies and the overarching priorities of its strategic plan.
- Supports the development and execution of project deliverables, including project planning, budgeting, action plans, process modeling, and progress reports.
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes, and financial reports as needed.
- Liaises with other members of the Unit and broader organization to assess needs, develop appropriate solutions, and report progress.
- Provides management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives.
- Leads administration of Unit website and electronic documentation systems.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor Degree – Administration, or a related field of study.
- Significant related experience
What Will Set You Apart
- Superior skills in office management using modern e-filing technologies.
- Demonstrated skills with office and project management software.
- Some supervisory and project management experience considered a strong asset.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to understand complex issues and react appropriately.
- High level of good judgment and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Detail oriented with superior time management skills.
CompensationCompetitive salary/excellent benefits for full-time, contract (1+ year), and PSW employees Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement within the organization Formal staff recognition and appreciation programs Access to group discount programs and purchases
How to ApplyPlease email your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #2019-085-HHS in the subject line, to email@example.com.
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 81st year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.