Program Overview – Information Systems, Central Services
As a part of WoodGreen Central Services infrastructure, the Information Systems (IS) department provides data processing services to the agency through the effective utilization of existing and new information technology. IS implements and supports technologies and processes that will increase service to staff and clients in order to enhance productivity.
What You Will Do
- Strategy & Planning
- Create and implement a data access and management strategy in accordance with required compliance and organizational cyber security policy, including related policies, procedures and training materials, set refresh cycles, and statistical reporting for achieving and maintaining high data quality.
- Work alongside IT staff as well as senior management to:
- Coordinate the placing of data On-Premise, or in Clouds with business strategies;
- Develop and maintain a data integration strategy;
- Develop and maintain a data security strategy.
- Ensure that project management and software development methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to achieve high quality data.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Ensure that new systems, applications, and data integration measures adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures.
- Stay abreast of new products in the data management market, conducting research on emerging trends and developments that could support the business.
- Operational Management
- Identify and ensure the resolution of data quality and security issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness, in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Execute audits periodically to ensure that data is being properly managed in the Cloud and On-Premise, and that legal or security requirements are consistently being met.
- Perform data profiling on a regular basis and generate data quality and security statistics.
- Devise, coordinate, and conduct mass data-cleansing initiatives for the purpose of purging and eliminating corrupt or redundant information from corporate databases.
- Identify causes of poor data quality and access security, implement solutions, and communicate findings to employees, management, and stakeholders.
- Develop and enforce methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring data security, quality, and accuracy at the point of entry.
- Work collaboratively to develop methods for synchronizing data entering company systems from multiple points, and within infrastructure On-Premise and within Clouds.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols, and standards that will support the data management strategy.
- Liaise with other business units, partner agencies, and service providers to ensure on-going communication and coordination.
- Assist VP and the IT training team to identify, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase cyber security literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to products and services.
- Perform data security audits, as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team
- University degree in the field of computer science, information management/knowledge management or related field of study.
- Related data management or cyber security certificate will be an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a related field.
What Will Set You Apart
- Strong working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Windows platform.
- Extensive experience conducting related research.
- Working technical knowledge of ISO, ITIL, NIST, and other related industry standards on data management.
- Strong understanding of data management best practices.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to details.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
CompensationCompetitive salary/excellent benefits for full-time, contract (1+ year), and PSW employees Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement within the organization Formal staff recognition and appreciation programs Access to group discount programs and purchases
How to ApplyPlease email your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #2019-084-CS in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 81st year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.