Program Overview – Building Services, Housing & Homelessness Services
Building Services is responsible for preventative and emergency maintenance at WoodGreen owned, leased and managed properties, including janitorial, grounds keeping and security. The program is responsible for preparing residential suites for new occupants; supervising and carrying out upgrades to offices and properties; providing physical support to WoodGreen programs and services as well as ensuring all applicable codes, standards and policies are met and adhered to.
What You Will Do
· Carry out routine and emergency janitorial work as assigned, including the removal of rubbish, grounds keeping, snow removal, maintenance of floors and the cleaning of washrooms, stairwells and elevators.
· Operate various machinery including garden tractor and floor buffer.
· Cleaning of public facilities, offices, and daycares.
· Vacuuming and mopping of all assigned areas.
· Heavy lifting of furniture, supplies and equipment.
· Prepare residential units for new occupants.
· Provide physical support to WoodGreen departments.
· Set-up meeting rooms for events.
· Maintain all equipment used and ensure it is in good working order.
· Carry building keys, two-way radio or phone/device as assigned.
· Ensure all applicable codes, standards and policies are adhered.
What You Bring to the Team
· High School Diploma.
· Experience working as a cleaner in commercial and/or residential sites.
What Will Set You Apart
· Verbal and written proficiency in English with the ability to communicate effectively required.
· Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a day.
· Able to manage keys and security systems.
· Able to operate various machinery; tractor, snow-blower, buffer, etc.
· Able to follow policies, schedules and directions.
· Experience with mental health/addictions/homeless population considered a strong asset.
How to Applyhttps://woodgreencommunityservices.applytojob.com/apply/wauQOL6y0A/Cleaner-2021407HHS?source=Ontario+Nonprofit+Network
About WoodGreen Community Services
Who We Are
A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Now in our 83rd year, we are one of the largest social service agencies in Toronto, serving 37,000 people each year. We’re a group of diverse individuals who value respect, excellence, compassion, integrity, and team work.