Are you a proud Torontonian who wants to see their city be the best it can be? Do you love
attending to details and providing excellent customer service? If so…. This could be the role
We are seeking a dedicated relationship builder with a flare for process and superior attention to detail. You will be part of a small but mighty team with an ambitious and diverse program of activities so your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities on tight timelines is essential.
Reporting to the Manager of Fundholder Engagement, the Fundholder Engagement Officer will focus on leading the systems/ processes that deliver on the Foundation’s commitments and providing meaningful Fundholder engagement. Superior, thoughtful and customized interactions are the hallmark of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Transaction & Administrative Services – 50%
- Monitor and ensure full compliance and fulfillment of Fund Agreement commitments.
- Work with the Grants Administrator to ensure timely and accurate distribution of all correspondence including grant cheques, Fundholder update mailings, thank you letters, mail from grantees, communication materials, etc.
- Lead CRM Database Management – reports, metrics, KPI tracking, etc.
- Ensure that all information is captured in our CRM database and up to date for all Fundholders.
- Ensure onboarding process for new Fundholders is completed in a timely manner.
- Donor Central – oversee continued implementation and provide support to Fundholders using the online portal.
Engagement – 50%
- Provide direct service and stewardship for Fundholders, working with other members of the Foundation team to:
- Ensure personal, customized, thoughtful and attentive service.
- Work with donors to build relationships that may lead to increased giving to their Fund, including securing planned giving and legacy commitments.
- Identify and build relationships with Fundholders to receive referrals to new prospects.
- Provide and staff Fundholder engagement opportunities e.g., selection committee participation, TF events, site visits, customized thank you opportunities.
- Execute the delivery of customized grant stream programs for donors as required.
- Execute tailored research and provide grant recommendations to Fundholders as agreed with the Manager, Fundholder Engagement.
- Work with the Community Engagement team to provide granting advice to Fundholders, including:
- Strategic giving consultations and planning.
- Develop and produce annual evaluations and reporting on grant effectiveness.
- Develop personalized donor impact reports as appropriate.
- Provide input from a Fundholder perspective to TF communications materials.
- Provide input and work with the Philanthropic Services team when outreach to donors is required for development initiatives.
- Participate in organizational cross team projects as a member of the overall TF team.
- Use TF Project Management system as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Fundholder Engagement.
- Attend relevant workshops, conferences and training sessions, and participate in peer opportunities to ensure up-to-date knowledge relevant to best practices for the philanthropic sector.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- University degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years related experience in a philanthropic or relationship management environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Core customer service focus and superior attention to detail.
- Flexible and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated initiative in managing a donor or CRM database.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders reflecting the diversity of our city.
Toronto Foundation is committed to the fundamental principles of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity, and to offering equal employment opportunities based upon an individual’s qualifications and performance — free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, citizenship, creed (including religion), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital or same-sex partnership status (including single status), family status, disability, and record of offences, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
TF is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CompensationThe salary range for this full-time role is $52,100 - $57,000.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume in confidence to: email@example.com
About Toronto Foundation
Established in 1981, Toronto Foundation is a registered Canadian charity and one of 191 Community Foundations in Canada.
We pool philanthropic dollars and facilitate charitable donations for maximum community impact in Toronto and across Canada. Our individual, family and organizational Funds number more than 600 and we administer over $450 million in assets. Through strategic granting, thought leadership and convening, we engage in city building to strengthen the quality of life in Toronto.
Mission: To connect philanthropy to community needs and opportunities
Vision: A city of informed, engaged philanthropists, accelerating meaningful change for all
Values: Brave and thoughtful action; Humility in our relationships; Public trust above all