Do you love a good process? Does data entry and database management sound exciting to you? Are you a proud Torontonian who wants to see their city be the best it can be? If so…. This could be the role for you!
We are seeking a detailed-oriented, well-organized individual that enjoys data entry working with CRM databases. You will be part of a small but mighty team with an ambitious and diverse program of activities so your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities on tight timelines is essential.
Reporting to the Manager of Fundholder Engagement, the Grants Administrator will be focused on processing grants, responding to Fundholder inquiries and coordinating stewardship for Fundholders and Donors. They also have cross-departmental responsibilities with the Finance and Community Engagement teams. Attention to detail, a respect and finesse for process, and thoughtful, customized interactions are the hallmark of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundholder Engagement – 75%
- Coordinate and process grant requests from Fundholders and Foundation
- Ensure grant request information is accurately provided to the Finance team
- Send notice to Fundholders of grants from their Funds, when required
- Prepare monthly Grants Report
- Prepare monthly gift reports for Fundholders
- Prepare thank you letters for gifts and notification letters for grants
- Maintain donor information in the Foundation’s database
- Track donor engagement activity in organization’s database and excel
- Maintain central, hard copy and electronic files of donor, gift and fund-related information and correspondence
- Become proficient in FIMS in order to pull reports as required for various purposes
- Take on data analysis projects as required
- Coordinate the distribution of mass-mail communications pieces (i.e., fund statements, performance reports, year-end letters) to stakeholders, including:
- Prepare and execute the critical path for Fundholder update mailings
- Coordinate the inclusion of related materials
- Update donor and stakeholder profiles in FIMS based on returned mail
- Work with the Office Coordinator to ensure that all mail to donors from charitable organizations is stored and sent to donors as appropriate
Community Engagement – 5%
- Grant Stream Administration
- Support the team during intake of grant applications from community organizations
- Catalogue grant applications and log these in FIMS
- Create spreadsheets to capture relevant information for assessment purposes
- Assist in assembly of grant selection committee packages
- Assist in communications as required with grant applicants
Finance – 20%
- Process Electronic cheque deposits as required (and in person bank deposits when required)
- Serve as back-up for Accountant on recording of gifts and other duties as assigned.
Other (as required)
- Provides support as required for overall Foundation events, projects and activities
- Provide input and work with the Philanthropic Services team when outreach to donors is required for development initiatives
- Participate in organizational cross team projects as a member of the overall TF team
- Use TF Project Management system as required
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, of Fundholder Engagement
- Develops and maintains advanced proficiency in the Foundation’s database
- Attend relevant workshops, conferences and training sessions, and participates in peer opportunities to ensure up-to-date knowledge relevant for the philanthropic sector
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service environment
- Excellent proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Experience with or proficiency in FIMS or a similar CRM database is an asset
- Willingness to learn a new database (FIMS)
- Ability work closely with the Fundholder Engagement team and the Finance department to communicate accurate financial information to donors
- Good business writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to ensure personal, customized, thoughtful and attentive donor service
- Can work well independently and with a team on a variety of tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet all deadlines
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Is flexible and highly self-motivated/Exercise maturity and good judgement
TF is committed to the fundamental principles of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity, and to offering equal employment opportunities based upon an individual’s qualifications and performance — free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, citizenship, creed (including religion), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital or same-sex partnership status (including single status), family status, disability, and record of offences, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Toronto Foundation is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Toronto Foundation
Established in 1981, Toronto Foundation is a registered Canadian charity and one of 191 Community Foundations in Canada.
We pool philanthropic dollars and facilitate charitable donations for maximum community impact in Toronto and across Canada. Our individual, family and organizational Funds number more than 600 and we administer over $450 million in assets. Through strategic granting, thought leadership and convening, we engage in city building to strengthen the quality of life in Toronto.
Mission: To connect philanthropy to community needs and opportunities
Vision: A city of informed, engaged philanthropists, accelerating meaningful change for all
Values: Brave and thoughtful action; Humility in our relationships; Public trust above all