Reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales & Business Development, with function direction and guidance provided by the Assistant Manager, Sales and Marketing, the Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with the centralized Artscape Performance and Event Venues (APEV) sales team to ensure event related administration is accurate and complete, commissions are up-to-date and received.
This position will support Artscape’s key strategic goals to strengthen our social enterprise and serve more people and communities through providing excellent customer service and supporting the achievement of APEV sales targets and community stewardship goals through effective salesforce administration.
This position is ideal for an emerging professional with an interest in understanding how sales and events are executed in a fast paced, non-profit environment and how strong administrative skills helps build teamwork and contributes to effective and positive client interactions.
- Working collaboratively with the APEV team to maintain a functional and up to date salesforce system, including updating Salesforce & other systems with event related logistics information, inputting new leads, maintaining current accounts and deactivating old or stale leads and accounts, merging duplicate accounts to maintain data integrity
- Under the guidance of the Sales Coordinator(s), prepares contracts invoices for clients and vendors
- Using Salesforce reporting functions, identifies and prioritizes unread Leads and Opportunities and reports to Sales Coordinators those with potential to convert to sales based on set criteria.
- Reconciles reporting as required for monthly revenue, SOCAN/Re:Sound, Fund Development, and other reporting as required.
- Creates new reports and respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed
- Monitors the Salesforce Issues Log, troubleshoot end user issues and escalate to Senior Management where appropriate with solution recommendations
- Work with Senior Management to continually improve salesforce through reviewing and making recommendations to increase efficiency and automation. Assist with department adoption of new Salesforce functions and apps.
- Under the guidance of the Assistant Manager and Sales Coordinator(s), follows up with clients and vendors who have outstanding payments and/or documents pending
- Process event payments and prepare weekly revenue deposits
- Coordinates the intake of email, phone messages, and in-person requests to ensure the most effective use of sales team members’ time and ensure responsiveness to other team members.
- Tracks the feedback of clients and vendors to compile for reporting
- Under the direction of the Assistant Manager, assists in the compilation of event data for reporting and analysis
- Participate and assist Management in preparing team meetings and meeting minutes.
- Maintains sales team weekly tour schedule and disseminate to appropriate staff including on site Hub Concierges
- Under the direction of Senior Management assist in the review of cross-departmental processes and make recommendations for streamlining.
- Other administrative duties as assigned, including VISA reconciliations, ordering office supplies, maintaining inventory and mail distribution
- On occasion, works on special projects as assigned
- At least 3 years employment in a related field demonstrating hands-on practical experience with at least 2 years working with Salesforce
- In-depth knowledge of the standard Salesforce capabilities including data management and reporting is required
- Experience in maintaining databases, with a solid grasp of information technology systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Experience working with Slack is considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills: ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task effectively and coordinate multiple projects concurrently as well as respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work with speed, accuracy and consistency to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated passion for arts and culture and community building
- Impeccable relationship management and communication skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an open-concept, team oriented work environment
How to ApplyTO APPLY Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
About Toronto Artscape Inc.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities.
Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions.
Since its beginning in 1986, Artscape has become recognized as an international leader in creative placemaking, a practice that leverages the power of art, culture and creativity to catalyze change, growth and transformation in communities. Artscape achieves its mission through developing and managing unique cultural facilities—including community cultural hubs, multi-purpose creative spaces and artist live/work projects—and delivering programs and services that promote creativity and cultural space development.
Our success is driven by our ability to work effectively across disciplines to align values, leadership, investment and public policy. We work constantly to expand our portfolio, share our expertise and advance the field, offering training, mentoring and coaching, and learning opportunities through our Creative Placemaking Lab and tools and resources on the Artscape D.I.Y. website.
For more information about Artscape, please visit artscape.ca.