Job Title: IT Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time (6-month Contract)
Department: Finance & Administration
Reporting to: Director, Information Systems
Anticipated Start Date: 2019-Jun-24
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
Location: Head Office
Artscape is currently seeking an IT Coordinator to join our Finance & Administration team. The Coordinator will implement and organize move, change and deploy of IT equipment and infrastructures including desktops, network equipment and peripheral devices, while providing technical support and management to applications, systems, network, computers and other hardware.
The Finance & Administration department at Artscape is a shared service that supports the delivery of business at all of Artscape’s hubs. There are 6 staffed hubs with 2 more slated to open this summer.
The IT Coordinator will be a member of the Finance & Administration department and report into the Director, Information Systems. The role does not have any direct reports but is responsible for engaging with staff at all hubs on an ongoing basis.
This position is ideal for a positive self-starter who is organized and believes in great customer service. The environment is often fast-paced and requirements can change quickly so an individual who possesses a level of flexibility and adaptability will be well suited to the role.
The IT Coordinator will:
- Prepare, manage and maintain user hardware and software, including laptops, desktops, tablets, iPhones, Microsoft Office, Apple i0S, etc.
- Respond to help desk requests related to technical or non-technical issues and provide timely resolutions within the defined SLA.
- Coordinate and handle the move, change and deploy of IT assets.
- Maintain an accurate and current inventory of all technology assets.
- Determine an appropriate course of action from initial hardware assessment, including repairing equipment when appropriate.
- Manage hardware and software refresh cycles, making recommendations to improve user experience.
- Identify the need for new or upgraded equipment.
- Perform daily system monitoring such as reviewing the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, and system and application logs.
- Verify backup status and provide remedies on failed backup jobs.
- Maintain all system hardware and software including servers, network equipment, backups, operating systems, and optional Salesforce, etc.
- Provide training on information technologies, including but not limited to Office 365, mobile devices, productivity applications, and other technical equipment.
- Create and maintain training and knowledge-based materials.
- A minimum of 2 years of information technology experience in an enterprise environment.
- Practical hands-on experience in administrating and managing VMWare and Microsoft Windows IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge or experience managing IP network including firewalls, routers, switches, access points, VLAN, Routing, and VPN.
- Experience in administrating and managing Microsoft Active Directory environment including Group Policy, User Management, DNS, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues from Windows 10, iPhones, mobile devices or tablets etc.
- Skill and knowledge in managing Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Hands-on experience and techniques to support remote and mobile workforce, and remote offices.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and documentation.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting.
- Familiar with procedures and best practices to protect privacy and security of confidential personal and private information.
How to ApplyTO APPLY Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
About Toronto Artscape Inc.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities.
Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions.
Since its beginning in 1986, Artscape has become recognized as an international leader in creative placemaking, a practice that leverages the power of art, culture and creativity to catalyze change, growth and transformation in communities. Artscape achieves its mission through developing and managing unique cultural facilities—including community cultural hubs, multi-purpose creative spaces and artist live/work projects—and delivering programs and services that promote creativity and cultural space development.
Our success is driven by our ability to work effectively across disciplines to align values, leadership, investment and public policy. We work constantly to expand our portfolio, share our expertise and advance the field, offering training, mentoring and coaching, and learning opportunities through our Creative Placemaking Lab and tools and resources on the Artscape D.I.Y. website.
For more information about Artscape, please visit artscape.ca.