We currently have a full-time opening for a self-motivated, highly organized and capable individual with strong written and verbal communication skills to work as a Senior Officer, Learning and Training.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning & Training, the Senior Officer, Learning and Training has a critical role to play in developing learning and training content using a collaborative instructional process, supporting delivery of training to frontline practitioners, and contributing to the development and implementation of learning and training strategy, processes and policies. The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in learning content development and training facilitation
- Able to synthesize knowledge from secondary sources
- Able to effectively engage and consult with subject matter experts, and
- Be able to write in a clear and concise manner suitable for audiences that frequently have
literacy and English/French language barriers.
This will include development of new training resources such as guides, toolkit handouts, and online course modules oriented toward frontline staff supporting Canadians with low incomes. This work will also include development of learning content to support our contracted projects on the topics of income volatility, tax filing, and other financial topics.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and curate financial empowerment content and tools
- Working collaboratively with key partners and the Prosper Canada team, develop and maintain learning and training content (curriculum, handouts, course content, resources, etc.)
- Research, curate, and write financial empowerment content in topic areas such as, but not
limited to: tax filing, tax benefits and credits, income volatility, budgeting, credit and debt, and population specific topics
- Apply instructional design principles throughout learning and training resource development process
Financial empowerment training
- Working collaboratively with key partners and the Prosper Canada team, support development of financial empowerment capacity building opportunities (e.g. project partner training events, peer-to-peer events, webinars, etc.) including online, onsite and blended delivery modes.
- Support and/or lead delivery of financial empowerment capacity building events
Maintain and enhance online content management platform
- Oversee maintenance of online catalogue of resources on our Learning Hub, using the content management system, and recommend future enhancements
Support development of Learning and Training strategy, processes and policies
- Support the development and execution of learning and training strategy and plans that build the capacity of frontline personnel to deliver financial empowerment support to clients with low incomes
- Support the development and implementation of learning and training processes to improve efficiencies within the team and across the organization
- Support learning and training performance measurement and analysis to measure the
effectiveness of learning and training strategies and activities
- Support development and coordination of learning development and knowledge sharing
opportunities for Prosper Canada staff, as needed
- Support quarterly reporting requirements
- Work with contractors/suppliers as required (e.g. graphic design, translation etc.)
- Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in a related field (e.g. communications, social
services, financial services)
- 5-8 years experience developing and writing learning content for adult education purposes
- 5-8 years experience working with instructional design frameworks and ability to apply
instructional design principles including needs assessment, design, development, and
- 2-5 years experience managing and facilitating online courses and/or in-person training
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, proven ability to multi-task and manage a range of projects concurrently
- Experience working with online learning management systems and/or content management systems
- Training facilitation/delivery skills, for in-person workshops and/or online courses
Qualifications and experience that will be viewed favourably, but are not required:
- Post-graduate degree or diploma in a relevant discipline, or the equivalent in education
- Experience managing development, implementation and ongoing support for technology solutions (e.g. a database, client management system, online tools)
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following content areas: basic financial
literacy, social assistance, benefits and entitlements, income tax, credit, debt, budgeting
- Training and/or experience writing and adapting materials for audiences such as: people
living on low-incomes, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, and newcomers
CompensationRequired qualities and skills:
- Ability to understand the strategy and goals of the organization and to apply this understanding when supporting development of learning and training strategies and plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team and build relationships with staff across teams internally and with external project partner organizations
- Ability to work well independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to prepare and provide clear, concise and complete verbal and written information at a level appropriate to the audience
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to gather and synthesize content from multiple perspectives and information sources
- Effective time management skills and ability to develop, manage and follow workplans
- Proven ability to manage a range of projects concurrently, at time with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Sensitivity to the diverse needs and challenges faced by people living with low incomes
- Self-motivated with high degree of personal initiative
- Proactively seeks feedback and incorporates suggestions into performance
- Flexible and able to adapt to evolving circumstances and demands
- French language proficiency
- Experience working with Storyline Articulate or other course authoring software
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience working with SharePoint or similar online file management systems.
How to ApplyAPPLICATION DETAILS Application deadline: June 28, 2019 Start date: August 1, 2019 Job location: 60 St. Clair Avenue E., Toronto How to apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, and two written work samples (links are fine) to Prosper Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Application for Learning & Training Senior Officer.” We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Prosper Canada
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1986, Prosper Canada is a national charity dedicated to expanding economic opportunity for Canadians living in poverty through program and policy innovation.
Financial Empowerment is an integrated set of interventions proven to measurably improve financial outcomes for people living in poverty.
As Canada’s leading national champion of financial empowerment, we work with government, business and community partners to develop and promote financial policies, programs and resources that transform lives and foster the prosperity of all Canadians.
Our focus is helping service systems and organizations in all sectors to build proven financial empowerment approaches into their businesses in ways that:
- Are sustainable
- Help them achieve their goals
- Tangibly increase the financial well-being of the low-income people they serve.
Prosper Canada is working to scale proven financial empowerment approaches that will help those living in poverty across Canada to build their financial wellbeing. As part of our frontline capacity-building strategy, our Learning & Training team will be expanding development of new learning resources and online learning solutions, in collaboration with our community partners in the field.