JA CENTRAL ONTARIO
Posted On: August 16, 2022
Closes On: Open vacancy – suitable candidates will be contacted on application
Location: Office is in downtown Toronto; remote-first / hybrid arrangement in place
Reports to: Senior Director, Finance & Operations
Role type: Full time, permanent
Are you passionate about empowering the next generation? Are you motivated by educating and inspiring young people to succeed? If you’re looking to develop a rewarding career in an impact-driven, youth-focused charity, we’d love to hear from you!
This position supports the offices of the President & CEO and the Senior Director, Finance & Operations. The EA is responsible for managing the activities and relationships of 50 plus members of the Board of Directors and Board of Governors, including coordinating Board and committee meetings and acting as Recording Secretary for meetings of the Board, Governors, Board Committees, and the Annual General Meeting. The role is responsible for calendar coordination, correspondence, as well as any administrative tasks related to the Executive offices. Also, the EA is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office. This role is also responsible for ensuring the office operates in an effective, efficient, and well-organized manner by providing a wide range of services to the CEO, Senior Director Finance & Operations, and the staff in general.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Represent the office of the President and CEO in a professional, customer-focused manner and provide daily administrative support.
· Assist the Senior Director, Finance and Operations with administrative tasks.
· Coordinate Board meetings (Directors and Governors), some Committee meetings, Annual General meetings by preparing meeting packages, presentation decks and all other relevant materials, while overseeing all other meeting logistics.
· Attend all Director meetings and required Committee meetings as Recording Secretary. Minutes are required for meetings of the Board of Directors, Operations, Audit, Governance and Nominations, Operations and Investment Committees.
· Manage the collection of the annual Agreements to Serve from Directors and Governors.
· Manage the calendar and address book of the President and CEO.
· Assist in Onboarding new employees.
· Support the CEO and Senior Director with additional initiatives and projects, as required.
· Support the administrative tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the office,
· Responsible for office reception, courier deliveries and pick-ups, and surface mail delivery
· Administration, troubleshooting for photocopier, managing inventory of office/kitchen supplies and supporting program and events administration; running office errands.
· Ensure documents are filed and dated accordingly on the organization’s internal drives.
· Update/Maintain Ministry of Government Services data.
· Serve as key liaison with IT Service Provider
· Manage any MS Office suite products and field training questions from staff members.
· Responsible for ordering refreshments for meetings as required.
· Member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee for the organization and responsible for taking meeting minutes, in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario).
· Member of the Social Committee
· Is available for after-hour special events and meetings as required.
· Additional assignments as required by President & CEO and Senior Director, Finance & Operations
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Previous experience managing Board level relationships in an administrative capacity is required
Post-secondary education is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Always presents a professional approach and demeanor.
Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills;
Superior time management and organizational skills.
Ability to think strategically, plan, execute, multi-task and problem solve.
Capacity to work with minimal supervision
Ability to work collaboratively within multi-functional teams; sense of humour.
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Proficient with standard office software including Windows Office Suite and Salesforce
Proficiency and a general understanding of basic accounting and the interpretation of financial statements is an asset.
Willingness to attend after-hour special events and teach a classroom program annually.
Occasional travel within the service region, as required.
Flexible to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Hybrid remote/in-office arrangement
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Take the next step in your purpose-driven career by joining our team. We offer:
· A comprehensive benefits plan, professional development support, generous paid time-off, and an RSP matching program.
· A positive, supportive, and engaged culture.
· An unparalleled opportunity to inspire and prepare young people so they can succeed in a changing global economy.
COMPENSATION: The salary for this position begins at $53,000 and can be negotiated based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, professional development support, generous paid time-off, and an RSP program. As JA Central Ontario is a youth-serving organization, offers of employment are conditional on the review of references and a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with Executive Assistant in the subject line. Be sure to tell us what makes you a great candidate for this role and why you want to join JA Central Ontario. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
JA Central Ontario is an equal opportunity employer, who values the diversity of our employees and those we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation measures in the hiring process, please let us know in advance. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
CompensationStarting salary is $53,000 and is negotiable based on skills and experience. Comprehensive benefits are available following applicable waiting periods.
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
About Junior Achievement of Central Ontario
JA Central Ontario is a charity on a mission to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a changing global economy. Working in Halton, Peel, Toronto, York, Durham, and Simcoe regions, we bridge the gap between education and the world of work, providing 30,000+ students in grades 3-12 with essential financial literacy, work-readiness, and entrepreneurship skills and experiences. A member of JA Canada and part of JA Worldwide, JA is the world’s largest not-for-profit dedicated to educating young people about business.