Reporting to the Board of Directors of Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for leading the organization’s administrative, financial, and management oversight and for carrying out the mission and vision of the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre. The Executive Director provides leadership, direction and management for all the Centre’s activities, operations, staff and volunteers.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- A visionary and entrepreneurial leader with a minimum of eight (8) years of senior leadership experience in a like-sized non-profit organization
- Proven track record of raising funds and building a diverse fund development program (including government funding and major gifts)
- Strong understanding of board governance and direct experience working with a non-profit board
- An excellent relationship builder who brings high energy
- A team builder with management experience overseeing direct service teams in a social services organization
- Strategic; a visionary with solid operational skills
- Strong business/financial acumen
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in developing quality programs and data-driven program evaluation and reporting
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- Executive Director experience
- Knowledge of the children’s grief landscape
This search is being conducted on behalf of Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
How to ApplyTo apply: By December 3, 2018, please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/executive-director-47/ For additional information regarding this job posting please reach out to Licinia Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416.786.8295. We request all applications to be submitted online only: this includes a cover letter and a resume for all submissions. For technical issues in submitting your application online, please contact email@example.com. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre values the rich diversity of Canadian society and of the children, youth and families it serves. They are committed to working from an anti-oppression framework to assist children, youth and families from various cultures, racialized groups, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities.
About Dr. Jay Children's Grief Centre
The Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre is a Toronto-based non-profit organization that provides compassionate care, support and education to grieving children, youth and their families while building strength, resilience and hope. As a new charity, after operating under the Mt. Sinai Hospital Foundation since 2006, DJCGC achieved charitable status in 2015.
Each year in the Greater Toronto Area almost 40,000 children and youth experience the death of a family member. Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre offers one-on-one counselling for children, education and modelling for parents and caregivers, support groups and gatherings for families, as well as a remarkable camp experience for bereaved children. A multidisciplinary and collaborative team of clinicians/counsellors, educators, researchers, recreational and administration staff serve a diverse client base that requires prompt and responsive services.
DJCGC also provides education, capacity building and training initiatives to teachers, hospital staff, and other organizations in the community. The Centre provides free counselling services to children and youth who have experienced (or are currently experiencing) a terminal illness and/or death, either personally or in their immediate family. These programs include:
Grief & Palliative Care Counselling
- Family Support Program
- Youth Support Program
- Camp Erin Toronto
- Toronto Research & Evaluation
- Professional Education & Consultation
The Board of DJCGC is hiring a new Executive Director.