Canadian Employment Connections (CEC)
Contract until August 31, 2021 with Possibility of Extension
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada’s population.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) is a free pre-arrival employment program that offers virtual services to prepare internationally trained professionals for the Canadian job market. The program brings together ACCES Employment’s expertise and vast network of Canadian employers in the following six sectors: Engineering, Financial Services, Human Resources, Leadership, Sales and Marketing and Supply Chain. This fully online program requires the Employer Liaison to be proficient in different online platforms and comfortable tracking, monitoring, and maintaining data to ensure all client targets and outcomes are met.
The Employer Liaison is mainly responsible for the creation of employment opportunities for ACCES clients in Employment Services (ES). The Employer Liaison in this position works alongside the ACCES Employment Consulting team, and will also work closely with all community partner agencies and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to employers
- Liaise with community professionals and employers to create competitive jobs and employment opportunities
- Monitor all placements, oversee training plan development and conduct on-going follow-up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
- Integrate work with all ACCES staff, in particular with the Employment Consultant team
- Provide employment preparation and employability group sessions and individual resource centre support when required
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counselling and referrals when required
- Arrange job fairs and networking events
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years’ experience in job development, employer outreach, employment counseling and/or recruitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of labour market information and trends
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work and co-operate in a team
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Able to facilitate group activities
- Effective networking skills
- Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment and with online virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft Teams. Canadian Employment Connections is a virtual program.
- Familiarity with online platforms and database management programs (ex. Salesforce)
- Knowledge of/experience with internationally trained professionals, new immigrants and working with employers is a strong asset
- Experience in business development, sales, recruitment and B2B recruitment is considered an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
Job status: Unionized
Duration: Contract until August 31, 2021 with Possibility of Extension
CompensationSalary: $53,928.28 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
How to ApplyJob Application Instructions Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to: By email: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should state the position and location of interest in the subject of the email. Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire. This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
About ACCES Employment
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit and charitable organization, ACCES provides job search services entirely free-of-charge, connecting newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.