En Francais Programs
Contract until Sept 30, 2021 with possibility of extension
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit and charitable organization, ACCES provides job search services entirely free-of-charge, connecting newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada’s population.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
This position is mainly responsible for the creation of employment opportunities for ACCES clients in our en Francais Programs. As an employer liaison, the individual in this position will also be working closely in conjunction with the ACCES Employment Consulting team, all community partner agencies and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to employers
- Liaise with community professionals and employers to create competitive jobs and employment opportunities
- Monitor all placements, oversee training plan development and conduct on-going follow-up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
- Integrate work with all ACCES staff, in particular with Employment Consultant team
- Provide employment preparation and employability group sessions and individual resource centre support when required
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counselling and referrals when required
- Arrange job fairs and networking events
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years’ experience in job development, employer outreach, employment counseling and/or recruitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of labour market information and trends
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work and co-operate in a team
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Able to facilitate group activities
- Effective networking skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- Use of own vehicle is an asset to the job; travel may be required between ACCES sites and for conducting outreach
- Experience in business development, sales, B2B recruitment is considered an asset
- Knowledge of/experience working with diverse job seekers, including newcomers, youth, persons with disabilities, Ontario Works recipients, etc.
- Knowledge of/familiarity working with key stakeholders and experience in a bilingual (English/French) employment environment is an asset
- Knowledge of Francophone community partner agencies is an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required (French level can be conversational)
Job status: Unionized
Contract Duration: Until Sept 30, 2021 with possibility of extension
CompensationSalary: $53,394.33 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
How to ApplyJob Application Instructions Interested persons should send their resume with cover letter to: ACCES Employment Hiring Committee By Email: email@example.com Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email. Please Note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire. This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted. Please Note: ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer, strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, people of colour or members of racialized communities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
About ACCES Employment
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit and charitable organization, ACCES provides job search services entirely free-of-charge, connecting newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.