Yorklands Green Hub is striving to create a sustainable environment education, demonstration and research hub in Guelph at the provincially owned former Guelph Correctional Centre.
We aim to bring together community, business and people of all ages and interests to learn,
work, share and innovate with the common purpose of being engaged stewards of the land, water, food, cultural heritage and community’s overall well-being.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic leader. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have operational responsibility for Yorklands Green Hub funding initiatives and the development and implementation of its mission and vision. By developing a working understanding of, and commitment to Yorklands’ goals, the ED will act as a persuasive advocate who can effectively convey the value of the project to stakeholders, potential funders and the community
The continuation of this position is dependent upon funding.
- Follow, expand upon and execute a newly-refreshed strategic/business plan
- Gain input into and expand upon business and operational plans
- Coordinate and implement plans to become a registered charity (non-profit organization)
- Ensure the organization has short and long range strategic plans which achieve its mission and goals, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress
- Coordinate events and program
- Working with the Finance committee, research, write and apply to relevant grants
- Develop and promote fundraising activities to support the operating budget
- Develop and implement in conjunction with the Board and fundraising committee, a capital campaign to purchase the land
- Meet with and explore opportunities with current and potential funders and partners
- Develop and implement systems to track progress and communicate this to the Board and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement evaluation systems, so as to measure successes and outcomes so that they can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, and other interested parties in a timely fashion
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business, public administration or other relevant field
- Must demonstrate experience in organizational management with the ability to collaborate and develop partnerships with business, community groups, and government
- Must demonstrate experience in marketing, public relations and social media
- Must demonstrate experience in fundraising and capital campaign development
- Must be able to effective use administrative software
- Must demonstrate experience in successful grant-writing, and various communication strategies
- Must demonstrate experience in financial and business planning and accounting principles
- Must demonstrate experience with system monitoring and program evaluation
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on interpersonal connections, presentations and report writing
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team
- Knowledge of environmental stewardship is an asset
Hours: 40 hours per month with flexibility, some evenings
Location: 4 hours per week at 10C Shared Space, with flexibility to work at home
Hiring range: $35 to $40/hour