The Rural Ontario Institute (ROI) is looking for someone proficient in QuickBooks to be our bookkeeper and to manage contracts with various service providers so that our organization runs smoothly and efficiently. This is a .4 FTE position and the schedule of in-office work hours is negotiable.
Working closely with the CEO as bookkeeper you will:
- utilize, maintain and evolve our system of accounts in QuickBooks;
- ensure all financial record-keeping is accurate and up-to-date;
- issue cheques for accounts payable;
- track revenues, prepare bank deposits and reconcile bank statements;
- process receipts for staff expenses and make credit card payments;
- prepare charitable receipts;
- prepare documents for the submission of CRA HST returns;
- generate project-based budget reports for funders and project management purposes;
- generate financial statements for the Board and CEO;
- track payroll records in conjunction with our service provider; and,
- provide records for external auditors as appointed by the Board.
Office Manager Responsibilities
As office manager you will be our point of contact for managing the relationships we have with service providers. This includes establishing any administrative processes for the organization surrounding:
- tracking office supplies and maintaining filing systems;
- liaison with building maintenance and security arrangements;
- telecommunications service contracts;
- photocopier and postage meter leasing contracts;
- couriers and postal arrangements; and,
- office cleaning service provider.
We are seeking an individual who:
- is proficient and experienced in working with QuickBooks and has appropriate accounting training or credentials (e.g., QuickBooks ProAdvisor or other certification required using QuickBooks Desktop and/or QuickBooks Online)
- is knowledgeable about the operations of non-profits through a minimum of 5 years work experience;
- has demonstrated organizational skills and held previous roles demanding reliability and trust;
- is a demonstrated problem solver and self-motivated;
- must be able to work independently and be strong at multi-tasking; and,
- is able to use the Microsoft office suite of software, is fluent in English, can pass a criminal record check, and possesses a G drivers licence.
The Rural Ontario Institute is a small organization with three permanent full-time staff. Contracted temporary project staff are brought on as funding and grants allow. The Bookkeeper/Office Manager is a key part of our team and will be a permanent, part-time employee. Also, ROI will consider applications from service providers who may prefer a contract for this work. Please note there is an expectation that scheduled in-office hours will overlap with other team members.