The selected candidate will be responsible for our client’s communications strategy, and for developing and delivering member- and public-facing communications which inform membership and promote the work and public image of our client. The Communications Manager also provides writing and editing support to the CEO and other members of the team.
- Responsible for the development and execution of annual communications plan, in alignment with the organization’s vision, mission, brand and strategic plan.
- Creates and distributes public-facing communications products, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining and improving website
- Creating and distributing monthly e-newsletter
- Regular social media updates
- Creation of fact sheets and white papers
- Building presentations and slide decks
- Development of marketing and brand collateral, in collaboration with senior team
- Leading conceptualization and content-creation for awareness-raising campaign
- Develops member resources including members-only newsletter, surveys, educational materials, outreach materials, and key messages, in collaboration with greater team.
- Monitors the media to identify developments; distributes information to team and members; provides risk mitigation and public relations counsel.
- Leads organization’s media outreach efforts, in collaboration with CEO and Manager of Policy and Stakeholder Engagement.
- Responds to member inquiries or requests for support; distributes updates and information to members.
- Provides other writing and communications support to greater team, as required. Includes, but is not limited to, providing strategic communications advice and counsel to senior management team and members, as needed; Speech writing; developing presentation materials; and interview key messages and preparation for CEO.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Working with external vendors, contractors and researchers.
- Contributes to efforts in the development and distribution of research projects.
- University graduate with minimum of 5 years progressive communications experience in health care, membership association or not-for-profit environments.
- Strategic thinker with strong judgement, who can provide communications advice to CEO and other team members.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including editing.
- Experience writing for various purposes and audiences, e.g. policy analysis and recommendations, newsletters, websites, social media, media releases, speeches and events.
- Able to work collaboratively on team projects, while also taking independent initiative.
- Able to balance multiple projects, identify priorities, solve problems and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Generally tech-savvy, and comfortable using communications software and platforms, including Microsoft Office, electronic newsletters and marketing, website content management systems, survey builders, and media monitoring and reporting tools.
- Familiarity with home and community care sector, experience with government relations or skills in graphic design would be assets.
- Seniority Level
- Mid-Senior level
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Civic & Social Organization
- Hospital & Health Care
- Public Relations
- Salary - $60,000+
How to ApplyPlease apply online using the following form: https://verusrecruitingconsultants.ca/communications-manager-toronto/
About Ontario Community Support Association
Ontario Community Support Association (OCSA) is the voice of the home and community care sector. Our members provide a wide variety of health and wellness services that help a wide range of clients - including seniors and people with disabilities - live independently in their own homes and communities for as long as possible.