The University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU), formerly the Students’ Administrative Council, is hiring an Internal Coordinator. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director and unionized with CUPE 1281. The Internal Coordinator is responsible for:
- The general management and administration of the UTSU office
- The logistics of internal meetings and other internal events
- Managing the sale of goods at the UTSU office
- Supervising up to four front-line service assistants
- Ensures appropriate maintenance and upgrades of information technology
- Ensure the security of the UTSU office
- Attending to the front desk daily during business hours
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- A diploma/certificate in office management or at least five years’ experience in office management.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, combined with employment experience in the nonprofit sector.
- A diploma/certificate in IT management or extensive experience in IT management will be an asset.
- Ability to lead and mentor by facilitating group consensus and by fostering a team-oriented work environment.
- Above-average computer skills in relation to word processing, spreadsheet development, and database maintenance.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and prioritizing skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and willingness to foster a positive and pleasant atmosphere in the workplace.
- Exceptional research and writing skills.
- Extensive experience providing front-line service in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing inventory.
- Experience supervising part-time and/or casual employees.
- Experience with finances and cash handling.
- Experience with project planning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills relevant to a work environment with an emphasis on conciseness and clarity.
- Responsible for creating a welcoming environment for members and visitors to the UTSU office.
- Responsible for providing general information to members, and re-directing calls and visitors to the proper personnel.
- Maintains an orderly and organized front office area.
- Assists in assuring the cleanliness and security of the office environment.
- Coordinates ordering of office supplies and other office equipment, as requested by the Employer.
- Assists in maintenance of office equipment, including photocopiers, printers, and fax machines.
- Distributes incoming mail and arranges for outgoing mail including courier and other delivery services as requested.
- Responsible for front desk sales, including ordering inventory and reconciliations.
- Ensures the security and accuracy of financial transactions related to the front desk.
- Ensures appropriate maintenance and upgrades of information technology.
- Coordinates the production and distribution of ISIC’s.
- Responsible for, in conjunction with the Communications Coordinator, maintaining display boards, including arranging existing promotional material, creating promotional material for front desk services, and approving and posting external postings.
- Responsible for assisting the Executive Director in coordinating staff meetings, staff orientations, and other staff events.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of internal communications, including changes in procedure to the front desk.
- Coordinating maintenance requests.
- Responsible for upkeep and organization of UTSU archives and, as requested by the Employer, general filing.
- Responsible for internal logistics for Board of Directors’ meetings, Annual General Meetings, Executive Committee retreats and training, including but not limited to booking rooms, ordering food and overseeing logistics of event set-up.
- In conjunction with the Policy and Student Rights Coordinator prepares packages, information and appropriate documentation required for Board meetings, Annual General Meetings, Executive Committee retreats and training.
- Responsible for, in conjunction with the Executive Committee, internal elections, including but not limited to: hiring and supervising the CRO, advising CRO and Elections and Referenda Committee, election and voting logistics.
- Coordinates food and catering and room bookings for meetings and events.
- Assists with scheduling casual staff for member services.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the Employer’s Representative
CompensationLocation: Toronto Ontario (University of Toronto, St. George-downtown campus) Hours : (40) hours per week. Term : Full-time Salaried: $57,601.97 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
How to ApplyApplications should be sent to the Hiring Committee c/o Daman Singh, Vice-President Internal at email@example.com by 23:59 on September 1, 2017. Please include a cover letter, CV, and two references and compile them as one document in PDF format.
About University of Toronto Students' Union
The University of Toronto Students’ Union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, members of the queer communities, transgender people and women. Please note that UTSU is an independently incorporated students’ union operating within the University of Toronto community; this is not a University of Toronto position.